Abel to Yzerman

[10/30/2013] GDT: Red Wings vs Canucks

Hey, at least the late starts are much fewer this season, right?

(Pay attention to the "Hot and Not" section.... wow.)

* All logos, graphics, fonts, wordmarks, and trademarks are copyright their respective holders

** Information courtesty of TSN.ca, NHL.com, and the NHL Media Relations Department.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

- Since starting the season 0-for-10, DET’s Power Play is 8-for-27 (29.6%), which ranks second in the NHL

And seemingly the opposing teams are unconcerned.

Thanks, RedM.  You’re right.  The Hot-Not Hot is…wow.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 10/30/13 at 11:24 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Thanks Red!

WTH with this schedule?  Play 6 games in 4 days and take a week off.  Hard to get any consistency or momentum.

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 10/30/13 at 11:35 AM ET

dougie's avatar

I gotta say I like the looks of these GDT, Red. Statistics have to be all shiny n’ shit to get me to look.

So, my take away is that our only hot player is the backup goalie who hasn’t played in 2 weeks, unless I missed something last week while I was out in Denver not watching the Wings?

Posted by dougie on 10/30/13 at 11:44 AM ET

SnLO's avatar

Thanks RM! You post is really turned into a great product.

Hot

- Jonas Gustavsson (G) 2-0-0, 2.17, .938 in last 3 GPI

That’s funny because it’s exactly what I expected to see. I think if he never plays another game he’ll be the “Hot” guy all season.

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 10/30/13 at 12:39 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Thanks again for the props, folks.

Seriously - and I’m being totally serious here - if anyone has any tips/ideas/suggestions as far as aesthetics or layout, please don’t hesitate to PM or otherwise contact me. I’m looking for ways to keep it more consistent looks-wise, as well as between browsers, and I’m a total noob at this…

... seriously.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 12:46 PM ET

YzermanZetterberg's avatar

Did I miss something? What happened to (paraphrasing) “Eaves is is because he’ll shoot the puck and play smart?”

Posted by YzermanZetterberg on 10/30/13 at 01:00 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

This has all the makings of a Red Wings slaughter, a bloodbath of untold proportions, in which the Canucks will stand over the Red Wings carcass after sixty minutes like valiant warriors over their prey.

Which totally means the Wings win tonight, 4-2.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/30/13 at 01:23 PM ET

Bent's avatar

I see Gary is still doing his best to make the Wings forget they moved east at all.  Oh well, I guess, just happy to be watching another game after three more off days.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/30/13 at 01:28 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

These GDT’s are going great. Imma’ really liking the all shiny stuff like Dougie does.

I really hate the late starts, but, I’m all in as usual.

Thanks Red.

Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/30/13 at 01:38 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Ditto for me. Kudos to you, Red. The GDT looks great and is super easy to read – at least it is until you realize that what you’re reading describes a team that’s playing like crap.

For now, I think I’ll just blame you for that, Red. It’s a lot easier than trying understand the inscrutable Mike Babcock. smile

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 10/30/13 at 01:48 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

For now, I think I’ll just blame you for that, Red.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 10/30/13 at 02:48 PM ET

Hey, it’s just like being married again!

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 02:27 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/30/13 at 02:28 PM ET

No kiddin.

Thanks for the GDT Red.  Looks great!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/30/13 at 02:36 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Welcome to the Western Conference or something.

Nice work again RM.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/30/13 at 03:54 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Did I miss something? What happened to (paraphrasing) “Eaves is [in] because he’ll shoot the puck and play smart?”

Posted by YzermanZetterberg on 10/30/13 at 02:00 PM ET

Um, yeah.  I don’t see Eaves listed among the line up, the injured, or the scratches.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 10/30/13 at 04:07 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Nevermind.  Malik says Eaves is in for Tootoo.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 10/30/13 at 04:10 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 10/30/13 at 05:07 PM ET

I don’t know how I missed George’s main post today, but I did. Yay me.

I’d seen somewhere that St. Eaves had been removed from IR, so I didn’t list him… had no idea he was slated to play.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 04:26 PM ET

... seriously.

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 10/30/13 at 01:46 PM ET

My juvenile side says, “Boobs.”

My serious side says, “Everything is here, RM.”  All the important stuff, IMO, that I need to read is all accounted for.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 10/30/13 at 04:27 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

My juvenile side says, “Boobs.”

Posted by SYF from minding the gap on 10/30/13 at 05:27 PM ET

My… well, “me” side says, “Smith and Quincey are both in the lineup, how many more boobs do you need?”

Everything should be fixed and updated and whatever. Slow day at work, yay. Also, going home now. More yay.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 04:31 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Nevermind.  Malik says Eaves is in for Tootoo.
Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 10/30/13 at 05:10 PM ET

When I first read your comment I thought is said Eaves is in Toronto and I got all excited that there was a trade brewing and Nyquist would finally get a one-way ticket to Motown. Then I read it correctly. :(

Great job on the GDT, Red. Okie left some pretty big shoes to fill and you’re filling them.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/30/13 at 05:18 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

6 users logged in and only 10 comments in the past hour on KK. On a game day. 168 posts in the last LB. This place is turning into a ghost town. Maybe we should start planning an A2Y/KK alumni LB of the Alumni Game of the Winter Classic; encourage all the former usual suspects to come back to their old stomping grounds. Maybe the Chief or the Emperor could send an email to all registered users about it.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/30/13 at 05:37 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Do more people come out of the woodwork as the season goes on? I know the NHL itself struggles a bit in October, maybe the same holds true here.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/30/13 at 05:49 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

That’s quite a pair of boobs. Big-uns!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/30/13 at 06:43 PM ET

dougie's avatar

6 users logged in and only 10 comments in the past hour on KK. On a game day. 168 posts in the last LB. This place is turning into a ghost town. 6 users logged in and only 10 comments in the past hour on KK. On a game day. 168 posts in the last LB. This place is turning into a ghost town.

Speaking ONLY for myself. I’ve been hanging here for quite a while, and love the 19. BUT,don’t know if it’s just the internet in general, or a phase I am going though, I find it easier and easier to tune out, because personally, I am tired of seeing folks bash our team, seemingly non-stop.

Fuching Stevie Wonder can see that we have a mostly horrible defense that will limit us this year. It’s not headline news. So why belabor the point? Yeah, I know, it’s what sports fans do, we pick apart our teams.

We used to have a LOT of juvilicious fun here. Lately, not so much. Once upon a time, I couldn’t NOT sign onto a LB. We had serious ,substantive discussions on serious topics like whether microwave bacon was gay (and Red Wings hockey),etc….and you catch my drift.

Maybe the moment has passed, but I would like to think not. I guess it’s up to us.

Posted by dougie on 10/30/13 at 06:47 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks RedMenace, GDT Info is Awesome!

Lets just Win!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 10/30/13 at 08:18 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by dougie on 10/30/13 at 07:47 PM ET

I was told recently by a wise man that, paraphrasing of course, traffic to sites like this tends to suffer a bit when a team is going through a “slump.” I suppose when things aren’t all puppies, rainbows, and hookers it’s hard for some people to be as “upbeat” or whatever.

I am not one of those people. I’ll enjoy my Red Wings hockey, win or lose, with a drink in one hand and the Internet in the other, and do my best to see a glimmer of “silver lining.”

Or something.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 08:39 PM ET

Bent's avatar

I know I wasn’t posting as much when the tigers were still playing, mostly because I wasn’t watching the wings live.  But now, I am here mostly every game, unless I am not catching it live.  It has seemed to been dead here lately, many regulars aren’t here, some are LBing on other sites like WIIM.  I do think some of it has to do with the chief’s work schedule, he can’t post around here much anymore so there isn’t as much traffic to this site on a daily basis.  But this will always be my home.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/30/13 at 08:55 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/30/13 at 09:55 PM ET

Yeah, when JJ started over at WIIM, he drew some of the OG 19 with him… it sucks, but it is what it is; we can either make the best of what is, or move on to “greener pastures.”

I, for one, know that greener pastures are generally just full of more shit.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 09:04 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Or something.

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 10/30/13 at 09:39 PM ET

I’m all in, all the time. Most nights, happy. Some nights, happily miserable™

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/30/13 at 09:05 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 10/30/13 at 10:04 PM ET

WHOA, not to say that WIIM is a “greener pasture” or “full of shit,” just that something that seems to be “better” that another isn’t necessarily so for everyone.

Dammit.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 09:05 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I blame Gary and his temper tantrum last year.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/30/13 at 09:08 PM ET

Bent's avatar

I know you aren’t implying this, but I have nothing against WIIM, and I really do miss JJ on here, dude has some crazy hockey knowledge.  But something has always drawn me to this site, especially when the chief has been able to post regularly.  Going over there for live blogs just wouldn’t be the same.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/30/13 at 09:10 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I blame Gary and his temper tantrum last year.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/30/13 at 10:08 PM ET

I blame the shitty GDT. :-p

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 09:13 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

But this will always be my home.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/30/13 at 09:55 PM ET

This is home. Period.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/30/13 at 09:13 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I’m too fuching old to move. Me no likey change.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!