Abel to Yzerman

I NOW Consider Gustav Nyquist A Hall of Famer

You all know what I didn't shut this morning. And I know better.  I do.  Clearly, I've jinxed us.  The possibility of the Wings not falling prey to this Trap Game are so slim, so very slim.  Just start considering the scenarios now...the Wings-lose, BJs-win scenarios.  And it's my fault. I know.  Too much swagger. Too soon.

They played so well last night, so much deja vu (not the club) and remembering.

Two straight games of happiness. Two straight games to remind us of what could be, but that's all over.  Three (games, not goals) is too much to ask and I know that.

It's imperative that we open the club car now.  Don't clean it.  Just open it and waddle up.  Voox is there.  He's been there all day and is incoherent.  Kate will be there and she'll be optimistic but quick to remind you, me, all of us that mouths are not to be opened whore-style so early.  Bill will have his graphs and he'll be hitting on my wife. Again.  Rummy will be soaking in a tub, but it's not really a tub because we can't afford it. It's just a trough, and it's filled with warm PBR but he doesn't care.  The old stand bys will show up: Gabe and AndrewfromAnnArbor.  Baroque. Sully, JJ, Tyler and all the other 19 who've started their own blogs.  Everyone will be there and it will be raucus and glorious.

And my dirty whore mouth will remain shut.  Pets are in play tonite.  Their survival is not required.  Neighbors, remember them?  They must understand that a medium-sized fire is not the end of the world.

It's a Live Blog, bitches. Early start, just like a playoff game.  Because that's exactly what this is.  God save us all. RSV.

But wait...it can't end there, can it?  I just remembered. It's our last game against the Central, Gary's special creation.  Our last game against our fake rivals, our last game as divisional partners with Shea Weber, who slammed Henrik Zetterberg's head into the glass last playoffs but was not penalized because Gary Bettman directed leniency because it was a Wing he hit and not Rosby or a Hawk.

So, I'm taking it all back and I'm opening my Whore Mouth wide, like on Cinemax.

Wings wrap this fucher up tonite convincingly. BJs lose, if that matters.  And we start thinking about what matters most.  LGRW.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

Ahoy, Master Chief.  A tall pint of Guinness tipped to you, Sir.

2.5 hours early.  Always a good time for a Guinness.

I love Guinness.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/25/13 at 05:08 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

I love Guinness.

Posted by SYF from a Charlie Foxtrot of a Wings season on 04/25/13 at 05:08 PM ET

I know you do, buddy.  You go ahead and start.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 04/25/13 at 05:09 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Shea Weber needs his head slamming ass handed to him, we owe it to him and the Prednecks.
2 points in regulation, nothing less… straight up whore style and ram it down their throats.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/25/13 at 05:11 PM ET

I know you do, buddy.  You go ahead and start.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 04/25/13 at 05:09 PM ET

Well, then raising my bottle of Guinness Draught to the 19 and:

May you…
Work like you don’t need the money,
Love like you’ve never been hurt,
Dance like no-one is watching,
Screw like it’s being filmed,
And drink like a true Irishman.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/25/13 at 05:16 PM ET

BC's avatar

Is it true Shea Weber wanted to play baseball but opted for hockey as skates provided the additional lift so his knuckles would not drag?

A win is a must.  A Kronwalling of his stupid chump ass would be a bonus.

Go, you Upstart Wings!

Posted by BC on 04/25/13 at 05:17 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Let’s go Red Wings!!

RSV for us fans!

I BELIEVE!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 04/25/13 at 05:35 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

The old stand bys will show up: Gabe and AndrewfromAnnArbor.  Baroque. Sully, JJ, Tyler and all the other 19 who’ve started their own blogs.  Everyone will be there and it will be raucus and glorious.

So it will be like a HS renuion except without the 30 year old cliques.

I wonder what osrt, Animal Drew, and Aimee in Austin are up to?

Heck, maybe gramps will even make an appearance?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/25/13 at 05:35 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

and Voox - please pass the vodka.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 04/25/13 at 05:36 PM ET

maltby18's avatar

A Kronwalling of his stupid chump ass would be a bonus.

Rather see Tootoo run the train on him first.

Posted by maltby18 on 04/25/13 at 05:37 PM ET

perfection's avatar

Your blog titles today and yesterday have brought me great joy grin

I NOW consider you a hall of famer chief.

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 04/25/13 at 05:39 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Just win.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/25/13 at 05:48 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

Just wanted to say NyQuil had more Takeaways than Dats last night! No I didn’t just say less, I said more. Holy fuch right?

Also someone brought up Lashoff in the Shitcago thread and was just wondering can you guys think of a reason he’s not playing. His stay at home style would be perfect for some of our more offensive d-men and he was way more consistent in every game he played than Kindl or Quincey have ever been. Would love to see what Dekeyser and him could do, or Smith and him, or Kronwall and him, or Ericsson and him. You get the point.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 04/25/13 at 05:52 PM ET

Lashoff in for Q on the current lineup card.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/25/13 at 05:54 PM ET

At least, that’s what I hope for, Yzersyuk.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/25/13 at 05:54 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Lashoff in for Q on the current lineup card.

I’m good with that.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/25/13 at 05:55 PM ET

behind the net in G.R.'s avatar

Need 2 tonight…Nuff said

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 04/25/13 at 05:55 PM ET

LivinLaVidaLockout's avatar

Something something silly troll, Nyquist hasn’t even played a lot of seasons, he’s too young and isn’t Russian, when will we think of the chrilden?

That said, Nyquist is definitely a hall-of-famer in my book now.

Posted by LivinLaVidaLockout on 04/25/13 at 05:57 PM ET

That was badly posted on my part, MO.  I should’ve said, “If it were me, I’d have Lashoff in for Q…”

But that’s the damn truth.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/25/13 at 05:57 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Despite my not necessarily agreeing with some of the ideas bandied about this season, the Master Chief’s blog is why I started coming here several years ago.

It’s why I keep coming back.

Just like Red Wings Hockey, I keep coming back no matter what “misery” I may be “forced” to endure; times like these are why the sweet, bouncing, dribbling, soiled-loincloth-wearing Baby Jeebus invented alcohol.

I’m tipping my Foothills Brewing “People’s Porter” to The Chief, George Malik, The Emperor and his Korner, and to all of The 19 tonight. It’s been a wild ride even Mr. Toad would be hesitant to board, and I wouldn’t want to be on it with anyone else.

Let’s keep it rolling tonight, shall we? 22 years and counting.

Mouth open, whore-style.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 04/25/13 at 05:59 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Have the unibomber put a bug in Webber’s ear saying payback is a bitch watch your back.
Sweep the leg tonite Wings.
No parting gifts for our old time rivals from the teethless south.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/25/13 at 06:04 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Time to cut ‘em and gut ‘em, Wings. Put some meat in the freezer tonight.

Let’s not have to give a rat’s ass what happens Saturday,eh?

Posted by dougie on 04/25/13 at 06:09 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Ahoy Chief.

I can almost see Whitefish Bay, we just need fifteen more miles.

It’s Seagrams 7 straight up for me!

LGRW!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/25/13 at 06:14 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

So, I’m taking it all back and I’m opening my Whore Mouth wide, like on Cinemax.

Wings wrap this fucher up tonite convincingly. BJs lose, if that matters.  And we start thinking about what matters most.  LGRW.

Evenin’ Bitches. Master Chief, I would be disappointed if you did anything less.  I already handled the SWM in the previous thread. No jink.

I’m all in.

Let’s Roll. Whore-style.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/25/13 at 06:14 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

SHUT UP EVERYBODY!!! THIS IS NONSENSE!!! FOR ALL WE KNOW THE BOTTOM 8 TEAMS COULD BE GOING TO PLAYOFFS!!!! THIS IS THE NHL AFTER ALL!!!!!

Posted by pgoody on 04/25/13 at 06:28 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Hey, Master Chief. Though we have never exchanged comments or what not.. I’m relatively new to the 19. I’ve been reading for only about 3 years now. And been a member for a couple.. But I just want you to know.. You are my Blog Idol. The things you type make me so very happy to be a Red Wings fan. And it all started cause of my father. *#$%@& that idol thing, you’re my Blog Hero. I *#$%@& love this place. I tip the brim of my cap to you, good sir, for all that you do.. Military wise and Hockey wise. Safe sailing, man.

Former AW3 - Me.

PS. Anything less than 2 points is uncivilized.

PSS. COME ON DALLAS!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/25/13 at 06:34 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

I’m still pissed Gus didnt get to play all season up in the D. He’s a gamer/thief/magician. None of those necessarily in that order. Not to mention the chemistry he and Andersson have together, just love watching them play with one another.

And Tick-Tock(since I know you are reading this), give great consideration and go out and sign Clarkson from NJ in the near future.

GAME ON!

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 04/25/13 at 06:36 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Tonight is going to go a long way to deciding how much hope I’m going to have.

The Switch in the “ON” position is a terrible, terrible thing for the Predators.

I’m going to start drinking now in preparation for the Dallas game.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/25/13 at 06:50 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Bill will have his graphs and he’ll be hitting on my wife. Again.

It was a lot easier when you were on a tin can 10,000 miles away and the back door could be jimmied open.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/25/13 at 06:54 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

The drinks are already flowing within me. Getting. Fuched. Up. Tequila and PBR as a chaser.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/25/13 at 06:56 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Heck, maybe gramps will even make an appearance?

Seriously, has anyone heard of Gramps?

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/25/13 at 06:59 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Six goals in six games. I always liked that Franzen guy.

Posted by dougie on 04/25/13 at 07:03 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Besides me hitting on Chief’s wife, you know what else happened this day?  Leino’s first NHL goal.  I think his last for the Wings.

P1010266

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/25/13 at 07:03 PM ET

Herm, he’ll probably show up when the Wings are in and says, “Two things will affect the Wings chances:  injuries and officiating.”

Sage.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/25/13 at 07:03 PM ET

behind the net in G.R.'s avatar

Seriously, has anyone heard of Gramps?
Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/25/13 at 06:59 PM ET

Pulled groin…day to day.

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 04/25/13 at 07:05 PM ET

Pulled groin…day to day.

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 04/25/13 at 07:05 PM ET

No no no.  “Lower body injury.”

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/25/13 at 07:06 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Oh, HOLY FUCH. The Preds have brought up someone for their first NHL Game and hat trick.

Posted by dougie on 04/25/13 at 07:06 PM ET

behind the net in G.R.'s avatar

No no no.  “Lower body injury.”

RIGHT. I forgot it is that time of year.

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 04/25/13 at 07:08 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Gramps has been around a little this year but not enough.
I am glad to say I had the pleasure of meeting him on a trip to Detroyet for a game a few years ago now… speaking of that trip it was Baroques first game in person IIRC.
Also makes me think of NateA…. where has he been??

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/25/13 at 07:09 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Clearly, I’ve jinxed us.

You be walking the plank if DET tank tonight - bitch.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/25/13 at 07:12 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Just being a Lidstrom type downer, the last thing the Wings need to do is get several guys sent off or injured or ejected and dragged down to Weber’s level, when we need all aboard for 2 points.

Remember, McCarty waited a whole year.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/25/13 at 07:12 PM ET