Abel to Yzerman

This Is Not A GDT Post

With the puck dropping just after 3:00pm ET and since not much has changed in the stats department since game one, I have decidded there will be no game day post.  Plus it is Easter and I am lazy today.

Instead...

Let's review game one, play the same way today although a pp goal or two would be nice.

Come back to the Joe up 2-0!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

MsRedWinger's avatar

Happy Bunnies and Eggs, Paul!  Glad you’re giving yourself a bit of a break.

No question the Bruins are trying to get into the Wings’ heads (as George went into in detail on his blog).  So far, the Wings are not biting and if they can keep that up (and Jimmy can stay as sharp as he was in Game 1), they can beat these big dumb bruisers.

Just. Win.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/20/14 at 10:43 AM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

This is not a comment.

Next one of the 19 that buys a boat has to name her “Subtle Interference.”

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/20/14 at 11:27 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Haha…I just bought a used Mercedes last week and am going up to register it tomorrow…taking suggestions on what custom tag to get.

I’m thinking either “A2YLGRW” or “WHR STL”

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/20/14 at 12:03 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I vote for “WHR STL”.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/20/14 at 12:09 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Went on a pickled egg hunt this morning. Found a whole jar. Had a couple of session IPAs to wash em down. I bet no one bothers me with a honeydew list during the game today.

Jeff, what MB didja buy? The ‘96-01 210 chassis (preferably wagons with 4Matic) are my personal faves.

You might go with the Southern pronunciation for that plate. Red Wings is certain to be taken, Red Wangs might be available.

Posted by dougie on 04/20/14 at 12:18 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Yup…“WHR STL”.  It will sail right past the DMV folks.

Today’s theme?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W-fIn2QZgg

Play fast, play hard.  Drop the puck.

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 04/20/14 at 12:27 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

puck control offense,

no room for the bears on D - all hands on deck,

speed, ... and keep your heads up, boyz.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/20/14 at 12:31 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

It’s a 98 E320.  It was ....haggard….to say the least.  I don’t know what the heck the previous owner did in that thing but I think it involved grease, poop and perhaps some vomit.

He wanted $3500 but when we went to test drive it, saw that the wheels were pretty much bald, the sunroof didn’t work, the key fob thingy only worked on the ignition and NOT the doors so we couldn’t lock it, had wierd kinda sound coming from the engine and did I mention the thing was freakin filthy?  So we offered him $2000…funny things happen to people when you wave 10 $20 bills in their face.

So we were able to put new tires on it for $340 at a place here in HC, changed the oil to full synthetic (holy hell that thing took 9…NINE…qts) and spent Friday and Saturday cleaining it up got some new floor mats and a steering wheel cover.  She’s a beaut now.
image

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/20/14 at 12:32 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Hahaha…it’s available

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/20/14 at 12:37 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Ah….so is this one

dougie's avatar

It’s a 98 E320.

There ya go. Best Benz ever built. I own 2 of them. I own a German auto shop, so feel free to ask me questions. Engines are bulletproof if cared for. I have nearly 300K on one, and 200k on the other.

Posted by dougie on 04/20/14 at 12:53 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

It’s a 98 E320.

Posted by dougie on 04/20/14 at 12:53 PM ET

This one had 190,400 ...have since put about 150 on it.  The thing purrs.  Hoping this weekend to tear into the ceiling/roof/whatever to see what’s wrong with the sunroof.  Can hear the switch clicking but it no workie.  The fuzes I can find for it are fine.  Wierd dang fuze boxes on this thing.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/20/14 at 12:55 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

I’m totally dense on the left coast this AM but what the heck does WHR STL supposed to be?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 04/20/14 at 01:06 PM ET

WingFanFormerlyInLA's avatar

You only paid $200?

10 $20’s don’t have THAT much affect on me, lol.

Posted by WingFanFormerlyInLA on 04/20/14 at 01:07 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 04/20/14 at 01:06 PM ET

Whore Style   ... my one lasting contribution to the 19

Well that and this

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/20/14 at 01:09 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

You only paid $200?

10 $20’s don’t have THAT much affect on me, lol.

Posted by WingFanFormerlyInLA on 04/20/14 at 01:07 PM ET

lolz…100 sorry smile  Had to go to two separate ATMs to get the cash because he wouldn’t accept a check.  Hell i could probably resell it for twice that now after we cleaned it up

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/20/14 at 01:11 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

I’ll take option 2, Alex.  LOL

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 04/20/14 at 01:24 PM ET

Mistercristo's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/20/14 at 01:09 PM ET

Oh, Karen Gillan, you are fire incarnate.

Posted by Mistercristo from Cameron Frye's garage, circa 1987 on 04/20/14 at 02:33 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Whore Style   ... my one lasting contribution to the 19

That is one saying whose value knows no measure. Grand indeed.

Thank you, Jeff.

Thanks Paul, for giving us the time of day. wink

Bitches.