Abel to Yzerman

Panic On The Stress Train: The Wind Of November’s Come Stealin’

I've read George's stuff all day and I'll go ahead and be your huckleberry...it's depressing.

Up comes Nyquist.  Back comes Wally.  Stirs Shit With Big Wooden Spoon is sitting.

And Justin Abdelkader remains on the second line.  That is just...baffling.

This way west trip is everything.  If the Wings lose three it doesn't mean they're out of it, technically.  It just confirms what many of us suspect: the horizon is disgusting and the trade deadline means less than ever and 35-1 odds are actually accurate.

35-1 odds.  That's where Detroyet stands today, according to the wagering pharmacists.

We can argue it and scoff but it's steeped in fact.  The Wings have a butt-ton of road games and they can't win on the road.  The way west teams, and pretty much everybody, will brutalize this team because OH FOR THIRTY ANYTHING on the road PP is a good reason to take liberties.

It makes me sad. It does.  But a turnaround, a nice little junket to the provinces?  That could, you know, signal something nifty.  But it has to be now, and it has to be convincing, because the road--literally--gets no easier.

It's a Live Blog, you bitches.  And if you're not stressing now, you've resigned yourselves to this: mediocrity now, and maybe for the near future as long as the status quo remains behind the bench and upstairs where "kicking the tires" is, apparently, acceptable as long as you made a few cursory, empty, phone calls.

Howard's down with the flu.  Ian White is...what?  Felled by personal reasons? I don't care if the guy sits, but that's just...baffling.

Here we go.  If the turnaround's gonna happen, it starts tonite.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

AxeMaster9's avatar

I sure miss posting on here Chief, but the last year or so has brought out nothing but the negative.  Have we become SO spoiled as fans…nay…Red Wings Fans, that we can’t stick with our team in good times AND bad times.

Fire Babcock!  Kenny doesn’t know what he is doing any more! Franzen is crap, Tatar is our savior, why is Afrogater playing with Pav!

I realize what makes sports a passion is that we can pretend to be a part of it.  But we aren’t.  We do not make the tough (right or wrong) decisions.  I can not say that I agree with everything but, god dammit, these are MY Red Wings.  Pav still makes me giggle like a *#$%@& school girl.  Z is a Yzerman 2.0 (yea bitches I said it).  We won’t win the cup every year.  But instead of hating on EVERYTHING why not show some love.  We aren’t the bitter bitch blues fans.  We aren’t following the dive (all 3 of them).  We are Detroit first.  They haven’t lost me yet.  They never will.  Can they do wrong? Yes.  But whatever wrong they do, its MY wrong.  Its OUR wrong.  Lets pull this shit together and stop looking bad in front of dirty bubba fans.  GOD DAMMIT.

Posted by AxeMaster9 on 03/13/13 at 08:02 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 03/13/13 at 08:03 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Just. *#$%@&. Win. This.

One game at a time, bitches.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/13/13 at 08:05 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

One game at a time

Agree RedMenace

SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT and get GOALS, (regular play, on PP’s) ONE at a time
AND
Stop shots on Red Wing Goal, PERIOD!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 03/13/13 at 08:08 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

November could quite possibly be my favorite month of the year.
I give up on line combos, it’s beyond baffling.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/13/13 at 08:09 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer’s chair on 03/13/13 at 09:08 PM ET

Obviously the last part didn’t apply to you. wink

Sorry about that.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/13/13 at 08:11 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Obviously the last part didn’t apply to you. wink

Sorry about that.

Posted by RedMenace from aboard the Crazy Train on 03/13/13 at 09:11 PM ET

And any other ladies who may have taken offense to that.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/13/13 at 08:11 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

LGRW!

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/13/13 at 08:12 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

FSD FEED

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/13/13 at 08:13 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Well that was a fog inducing three martini ...uh, lunch.

Is there a game tonight?

Grover Norquist is in the line up.  Tatar is back in GR after scoring 7 points in how many games? Opportunity is based on merit….yet the blind, the weak and the infirm are getting healthy. One more turn around and Ima gonna spew seered Ahi.

This should be fun…..

Voox!  Ketel One straight up with a twist.  Let’s do this.

Let’s Go #&^@#%$!, Red Wings !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 03/13/13 at 08:13 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Evenin’ bitches. I am ready for firetrucks, and puppies, and whiskers on kittens. Happy took all the hookers to Calgary with em’.

Let’s get it done.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/13/13 at 08:13 PM ET

Just get the two points, Wings.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 03/13/13 at 08:15 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from aboard the Crazy Train on 03/13/13 at 09:11 PM ET

No offense taken.  Understand the “sports” language and frustrations.
I went to college on a Sports Scholarship, raised with a bunch of boys, learn to be just as tough as the guys, but I tried to adopt and stay within the values that my Chaplain Daddy taught me…...., so they created a reality show of my life-“Preacher’s Daughter”......just kidding.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 03/13/13 at 08:16 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

And any other ladies who may have taken offense to that.

First Rule of Holes: Stop digging…..

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 03/13/13 at 08:16 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

A road PP goal tonight? you jest.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/13/13 at 08:17 PM ET

Gabriel's avatar

And any other ladies who may have taken offense to that.

What the hell have you guys done with this place?

Posted by Gabriel from San Diego, CA on 03/13/13 at 08:18 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

First Rule of Holes: Stop digging…..

Posted by Rumbear from the mean beaches of Sandy Eggo…... on 03/13/13 at 09:16 PM ET

What the hell have you guys done with this place?

Posted by Gabriel from San Diego, CA on 03/13/13 at 09:18 PM ET

Yeah, I think it would be best if we all just let those two comments die a slow, quiet death now.

Back to my regularly scheduled foot eating contest, already in progress.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/13/13 at 08:19 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Evening biotches.

Any of you left coasters enjoy you some Lagunitas?  I just discovered a local store that carries it.  I’m sipping on a Lagunitas Imperial Stout, that is way, and I mean WAYYYYY more smooth than any beer that is 9.9% has any right to be.  Damn fine brew.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/13/13 at 08:20 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

A road PP goal tonight? you jest.

A PP Goal - regardless - they can do it, they just need to stay focused-visualize the GOAL-That Beautiful Silver Cup, keep communicating, remember who they are, play their game, keep shooting, and remember they have the most awesome fans around!

GO WINGS!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 03/13/13 at 08:21 PM ET

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 03/13/13 at 09:20 PM ET

L-A-G-U-N-I-T-A-S I-M-P-E-R-I-A-L S-T-O-U-T.

I’m writing down this stuff.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 03/13/13 at 08:21 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Ours is not to reason why . . .

LGRW

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/13/13 at 08:22 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Back to my regularly scheduled foot eating contest, already in progress.

Posted by RedMenace from aboard the Crazy Train on 03/13/13 at 09:19 PM ET

There’s the Red Menace I remembered…

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/13/13 at 08:22 PM ET

dougie's avatar

What the hell have you guys done with this place?

Posted by Gabriel from San Diego, CA on 03/13/13 at 09:18 PM ET

Unspeakable things, Gabe, unspeakable things.

Posted by dougie on 03/13/13 at 08:22 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Gabe!  You old son of a son of a…...

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 03/13/13 at 08:22 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

L-A-G-U-N-I-T-A-S I-M-P-E-R-I-A-L S-T-O-U-T.

I’m writing down this stuff.

Posted by SYF from calquake’s low standards…verily on 03/13/13 at 09:21 PM ET

It really is spectacular.  And that is a word I generally save for the likes of Red Chair…

I bought 3 - 22 ouncers.  Drank 2 of them and bathed in the last one.  Yeah, it’s that good.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/13/13 at 08:24 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

And any other ladies who may have taken offense to that.

Posted by RedMenace from aboard the Crazy Train on 03/13/13 at 09:11 PM ET

Offense to what? The word ladies?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/13/13 at 08:24 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

There’s the Red Menace I remembered…

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 03/13/13 at 09:22 PM ET

I did not mean to sound like a troll,
It was not me; it was my soul
It just popped up to say hello
And now I’ve ripped it out and sacrificed it to the Hockey Gods.

Tennyson eat your heart out.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/13/13 at 08:25 PM ET

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 03/13/13 at 09:24 PM ET

Stop teasing me.  I’ll only like it some more.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 03/13/13 at 08:26 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Offense to what? The word ladies?

Reason number 19 why I love this place.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/13/13 at 08:26 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Offense to what? The word ladies?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/13/13 at 09:24 PM ET

There ya go Red….I tried.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 03/13/13 at 08:27 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Tennyson eat your heart out.

Jeebus Red….now all the poet’s in the 19 are gonna be upset.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 03/13/13 at 08:29 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Offense to what? The word ladies?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/13/13 at 09:24 PM ET

There ya go Red….I tried.

Posted by Rumbear from the mean beaches of Sandy Eggo…... on 03/13/13 at 09:27 PM ET

It’s cool Rumsy, at least you didn’t keep Pavel from scoring with the effort.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/13/13 at 08:29 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

L-A-G-U-N-I-T-A-S I-M-P-E-R-I-A-L S-T-O-U-T.

I’m writing down this stuff.

Done and done.  And for you left-coasters…it’s about time we started planning a transplant get together at the Houlihan household.  Or at Rummy’s just so we can see him and Gabe fight for the best spot in the hot tub.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 03/13/13 at 08:29 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Buckle up

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/13/13 at 08:29 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Kate, I am not as quick witty as you, I bow to You!  Queen of the 19!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 03/13/13 at 08:30 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Got a fresh bottle o Glen Livet 12 year for tonight…trying something new to hopefuly wake up this PP….

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/13/13 at 08:30 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I told my self all day, I was glad they were traveling west, because I don’t watch the west coast games, except on weekends.

Here I sit, remote in hand. A Wingoholic.

Posted by dougie on 03/13/13 at 08:30 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer’s chair on 03/13/13 at 09:30 PM ET

Mfff mffff MMMMFFF mmffff.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/13/13 at 08:31 PM ET

Gabriel's avatar

Unspeakable things, Gabe, unspeakable things.

That’s more like it.  Carry on.

Gabe!  You old son of a son of a…...

Yeah, I couldn’t hold out…besides, I heard an ugly, ugly rumor that Chief’s thinking of hanging up his keyboard?

Posted by Gabriel from San Diego, CA on 03/13/13 at 08:31 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Ken and Murph? Mick stays at home for the road gigs.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!