Abel to Yzerman

A Chance To Celebrate And Mourn “Hockeytown” Todd Sorensen

Just a quick reminder for the 19 from "Hockeytown" Todd Sorensen's daughter, Leslie:

Our family will be having a party in Todd’s honor on Sunday, August 18th at 2:00 pm at The Tavern on the Main in Clawson.  You are all invited.

If anyone is able to attend the party, please raise a glass and the dead for all of the 19 who can't make it.

If you wish to contribute financially, any donations will go to the college funds set up for Todd's grandchildren.  You can send them here:

Leslie Burnett
22201 Edison St.
Dearborn, MI  48124

If anyone wishes to make a Paypal donation, please use this account:

Lbmusick6@yahoo.com

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

stonehands-78's avatar

//stick tap//

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 08/17/13 at 02:47 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

I will raise a glass of beer in Gramps’s honor at 3 pm.

If someone representing the 19 is there, please post pictures .

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 08/17/13 at 10:42 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Great photo Stoney…

RIP HTT.

Bloody Mary on my end given the time of day.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 08/18/13 at 12:46 AM ET

dougie's avatar

I have an excellent double IPA to toast HTT with.
A very strong brew, with just the right hint of bitterness, but not overbearing.

3 pm it is.

Posted by dougie on 08/18/13 at 09:04 AM ET

VooX's avatar

At 3pm drinks will be raised aboard the Hasek Club Car along with a banner behind the bar saying “Injuries and Officiating” for all to remember Todd.

If only the sidebar still existed, I would hope that “Injuries and Officiating” would take its place at the top as well.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 08/18/13 at 11:32 AM ET

dougie's avatar

Here’s to you, Todd.

I don’t know how I can miss a man I never met face to face, but weird and wonderful things happen on the internet. Although I turned out to be a lousy blogger, I was honored to get the call from you.

Posted by dougie on 08/18/13 at 02:59 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Cheers, Todd. Rest in Peace.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 08/18/13 at 03:39 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

All the best to Gramps loved ones and friends. He is sorely missed.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!(for HTT)

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 08/18/13 at 05:32 PM ET

There are good ships,
and there are wood ships,
And ships that sail the sea.
But the best ships, are friendships,
So here’s to you, you, and me.

Sure as hell miss you already, Mr. Sorensen.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 08/19/13 at 12:06 PM ET

FranzensMouthguard's avatar

damn, I was offline over the weekend, really sorry to hear this, RIP.

Posted by FranzensMouthguard from Chicago, IL on 08/22/13 at 02:16 PM ET

monkey's avatar

There was one time, way back, when I made a comment to the effect that Barry Smith deserved a shot at being a head coach in the NHL, and Gramps agreed with me.  It made me feel pretty damn good, like I actually knew a thing or two, you know?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 09/06/13 at 07:47 PM ET