Canucks at the Sharks at 6pm PT. So if you’ve got a point, comment on the game, argument for the ages, or simply some ridiculous political position on the state of California hockey… drop it here. We’re all about equal-opportunity stupidity. It’s practically my Life Philosophy.
For the record:
- Ben Eager is supposedly playing. So, $10 (big bet for my pocket book) says that Todd McLellan is looking for a job this summer if they lose tonight. No matter how well, or badly, Big Ben behaves.
- Forget all that nonsense debate about the Canucks being Canada’s Team. That ship has sailed. Dear Canucks: Please Win it for the Whole World.
- Raffi Torres: “I don’t think people realize what it’s like to get burned in the media or labelled by Hockey Night In Canada and stuff like that. It’s kind of a big deal, especially for a guy who grew up in Canada and is a Toronto boy, and you know everyone is hearing that and talking about it and you can’t do anything about it.”
- Random: The first screenshots from EA’s NHL12 are released. Gentlemen, you may now splatter your goalies.
- Question: Winnipeg’s MTS Centre has 15,000 seating for hockey. How does this affect the profit margin for an NHL team, in a league where owners are frequently commenting that they actually lose money without playoff appearances, despite being in solid markets, and having far greater seating capacity?