KK Members- You Now Have Your Own KK Homepage

note: Just moving this to the front page so more eyes see it.  Original post was 9/5/12 at 12:41am.

This feature is only available to KK Members (register here, free and allows you to participate in the conversations) and is one many of you have been waiting for.

First you need go to Profile at the top right of any KK page, then select Edit Profile, then scroll down a bit until you see Please Select the Blogs That Will Appear on Your Member Homepage.

Follow the directions, update click and/or bookmark your new homepage.

Your homepage will also be available to you at the top right of any KK page in case you forgot to bookmark it.

Remember, the blogs you list are the blogs that will appear on your homepage, if you don't list the blog, it will not appear (no option for KK Hockey, sorry, you are stuck with that)..

Also, if you visit the regular KK Homepage, you will get all the blogs so make sure to use your homepage link if you want certain blogs not to appear on the KK Homepage.

One last note, KK has a new web developer who is responsible for the software upgrade and also for these enhancements. His name is Jacob Russell and if you need his services, feel free to contact him.

Next up, KK Members will be able to edit comments, look for that in the next week or so.

In case you missed the previous enhancement news last week, KK Members also have the ability to now block comments from other KK Members.

While I don't encourage this, many of you have asked for this feature so it is now part of the system.

To learn how to implement that featue, click here.

One last thing, don't forget the option to eliminate the vast majority of ads on KK.  By donating at least $25.00 for one year, the ads will be removed for you.

Of course you can still donate any amount to help maintain KK but for $25.00 or more, the ads are gone.

You can donate here or by clicking the PayPal donate button on the sidebar of the KK Home or Hockey blog.

Thanks and there are more features coming in the next few weeks besides the one mentioned above, so stay tuned and let's hope for some hockey very soon.

Filed in: KK Website Business, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Hippy Dave's avatar

As someone who wishes he had a breathalyzer on their keyboard, I kinda am hoping that feature doesn’t make it.  You can’t change a tweet.  You can’t change what you said to someone in a conversation live.  Seems weird to be revisionist on comment threads in general.

The other updates—just awesome Paul.  You’re the man.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 09/05/12 at 01:30 AM ET

Paul's avatar

HD, I can understand where you are coming from regarding the edit comment feature but I think it has been requested so people can correct spelling errors etc.

I am hoping to have a timestamp on the edit, so others can see a comment was edited then they can make their own judgement on that comment.

I would hope it would not be used to make them look good after looking bad, etc.  They can always leave another comment for that purpose.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/05/12 at 04:07 AM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

These are some great updates.  Thanks Paul!

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 09/05/12 at 09:11 AM ET

HockeyFanOhio's avatar

OK, I’m tired and not too smart but I don’t see the “‘Member Homepage Blogs’ text field” to put the short title of the blogs into.

Posted by HockeyFanOhio from Central Ohio on 09/05/12 at 09:46 AM ET

Yeah, me too HFO.  Can’t see it.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 09/05/12 at 10:18 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I would call the comment edit feature a great idea and an edit timestamp feature a must-have to prevent the problems brought up by Dave.

I’d also say that if you’re worried about a person editing his or her comment post-action to change the nature of the conversation, then using the tried-and-true measure of block-quoting them in your response prevents that.

Thanks for the dedication, Paul.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 09/05/12 at 10:39 AM ET

Paul's avatar

HFO and HHD, what are you seeing below the listing of blogs?

You should see an area to the right of Member Homepage Blogs a place to copy and paste your blogs.

Then below that this…

To visit your member homepage when you’re done, visit and bookmark http://kuklaskorner.com/my-homepage.

And then below that the Update button.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/05/12 at 10:58 AM ET

I also don’t see a text field.

My page has the list of blogs with the Blog Short Name beside them (ex. The Malik Report tmr| ), then a line, then “To visit your member homepage when you’re done, visit and bookmark http://kuklaskorner.com/my-homepage” then ,another line, then the Update button.

Posted by Garth on 09/05/12 at 11:35 AM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

The blog-name text field doesn’t appear in either Firefox 4 or Safari 3 on OS X. The list of blogs and the text about bookmarking the new Home page are there, but nothing in between.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 09/05/12 at 11:45 AM ET

Paul's avatar

OK thanks, we are looking into it.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/05/12 at 11:51 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Just one thing for those having troubles, have you tried clearing out cookies and cache? If not, can you try that please.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/05/12 at 11:55 AM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Clearing the cache didn’t help in Firefox 4 on OS X.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 09/05/12 at 12:30 PM ET

Okay, what I am seeing is:

Please Select the Blogs That Will Appear on Your Member Homepage
To Choose a Blog, select it’s bold short name from the right column below and paste it into the ‘Member Homepage Blogs’ text field below that. Each blog needs to be separated by a pipe character, like this but without quotes - “|”, so be sure to copy that along with the shortname! If selecting more than one blog, there should be no spaces between blogs, just that pipe character.

Selecting a blog below will allow it to appear on your homepage, if you don’t select it, it will not appear.

Here’s an example of what you might end up with in that field -
hockey|tmr|A2Y|psh|glr|tso|tuc|patch

Blogs

Blog Name Blog Short Name Copy This!
The Malik Report tmr|
Red and Black Hockey rbh|
Tasca’s Take tascas|
The Goods on Fantasy Hockey   fantasy|
23 Intently Staring Goalies intently|
Iced Coffey iced_coffey|
Puckin’ Around with Spector spector|

... there’s no login or open fields around to copy and paste.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 09/05/12 at 04:00 PM ET

HockeyFanOhio's avatar

I get the same screen as HHD.  I logged in using IE and got the same thing.  Thanks.

Posted by HockeyFanOhio from Central Ohio on 09/05/12 at 07:08 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

sorry to pile on, Paul, but imma hav’n the same issue, too ...

no “text field” to copy to.

red face

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/05/12 at 10:26 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Issue is being worked on tonight and we will update in comments when resolved….

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/05/12 at 10:29 PM ET

Jacob Russell's avatar

Sorry about that all, everything should be working now!

Posted by Jacob Russell from Grand Rapids, MI on 09/05/12 at 11:00 PM ET

Works for me now.  Thanks!

Posted by Garth on 09/05/12 at 11:32 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Me too!  Thanks!

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 09/05/12 at 11:36 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Everything functions as advertised with Firefox 4 on OS X. Thanks, Jacob.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 09/05/12 at 11:45 PM ET

Yep, looks fully resolved.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 09/06/12 at 11:23 AM ET

Thanks for all the great work, Paul and Jacob.  I’m actually quite happy using Google Chrome with AdBlock Plus so I’m rarely seeing intrusive ads as with IE and Firefox.

Love.Chrome.  Love it.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 09/06/12 at 01:46 PM ET

Love.Chrome.  Love it.

I like it too, but it’s getting to be a memory hog of IE-type proportions lately.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 09/06/12 at 03:21 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Ahhhh, the bliss of never again seeing a headline like “The Best Corsi Rating Among Third-Line Players Who Shoot Left Handed But Still Shake Hands With Their Right.” For that one feature alone, I nominate Jacob as the Web Programmer of the Year.

And never again having to look at another randomly capitalized, nonsensical comment like…

I feel Bad for Any Player that has a Brain Injury ! & that what a “Concussion” is Lots of NFL Players have been destroyed by the effects of concussions…

...well, that’s just icing on the cake. smile

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 09/06/12 at 06:37 PM ET

shazam88's avatar

Posted by shazam88 from SoCal on 09/07/12 at 12:04 AM ET

shazam88's avatar

^^ errr, something was lost when I logged in and this really isn’t worth two posts, hours after the original comment, but I meant to write was -

Adblock / Adblock Plus are both FF extensions that were ported to Chrome.

Posted by shazam88 from SoCal on 09/07/12 at 12:07 AM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

I’m keeping all the blogs.  I like KK it’s it’s full frontal form.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 09/07/12 at 01:43 AM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

aww heck “in it’s” how do I edit that?

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 09/07/12 at 01:44 AM ET