Anyone Else Have That ‘Numb’ Feeling

Any CBA related story I come across today, my brain just says, blah, blah, blah and moves on.

I am trying to grasp on anything, but just cannot force myself to do it.

I have read all I can read, my eyes see it but I can no longer comprehend what I am reading.

It is the same stuff over and over, just words tossed around to make it sound somewhat different.

I am numb, my brain is frozen and my heart no longer has any ray of hope, instead I just sit and stare and continue to shake my head.

I never thought we would still be in lockout mode come December 1st, but we are and I am just lost and very close to becoming a Tru TV junkie.

Filed in: NHL Talk, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

mrfluffy's avatar

Numb

Operation Repo does that to you.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 11/30/12 at 02:15 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I’ve got that numb feeling, Paul.

Now, if it is due to the lockout, or this empty bottle of tequila next to me, I cannot say. I’m not a scientist.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 11/30/12 at 02:16 PM ET

well Paul, you can always switch over to watching politics; nevermind.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 11/30/12 at 02:19 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Not yet, but later tonight.  At least I have college hockey to be numb with.

Posted by MoreShoot on 11/30/12 at 02:26 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

Funny you write that. It is the same I have been thinking for the last couple months. Beginning sometime last season I noticed the rhetoric was sounding like a continuation from the last work stoppage; gradually it turned into the Charlie Brown effect: wahh wah wah wahh waahhh.

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 11/30/12 at 02:28 PM ET

Yep, it is groundhog day over and over…. Hockey HD writes some long treatise on western civilization and collective bargaining, JJ counters with War and Peace, I keep saying the same thing over and over 100 different ways, just trying to hang on to something hockey related.

Posted by timbits on 11/30/12 at 02:43 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

II am just lost and very close to becoming a Tru TV junkie.

Killer Karaoke is an awful….........ly entertaining show, for something with just about no redeeming value.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 11/30/12 at 02:47 PM ET

I suspect some of that numbness is because of the hockey media’s ineptitude. Most are at great pains to hide their bias, protect their status or their access to insiders, or have a political bias that overwhelms their reporting. And more than a few are just not smart enough to meaningfully report on a lockout and the attendant business and labor issues. So I find the reporting lacks depth and takes on a repetitive, ‘what he said’ quality.

Among major professional sports in North America, the hockey media is easily the worst.

Posted by YouppiKiYay on 11/30/12 at 02:49 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Numb, no.

Totally disgusted? Yes, indeed.

It’s like watching a close friend get his 3rd DWI, and you just shake your head and wonder what they didn’t learn after the last 2 times.

Posted by dougie on 11/30/12 at 02:49 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Since I have tuned out about 95% of the “so-called” hockey news since the latest bout of insanity.  I’m glad to know I haven’t missed anything - well except the games.

One of the reporters on TSN had a great tweet the other day (paraphrasing):  The NHL and the NHLPA have won the $3 Billion Powerball ticket.  Since they couldn’t decide how to split it, they agreed to throw it away.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 11/30/12 at 02:53 PM ET

My dad is hooked on that channel…most esp. “World’s Dumbest…” and “Hard Core Pawn.”

I’m sure that if TruTV ever had a “World’s Dumbest Sports League,” the NHL under Gary Bettman tops the friggin’ list.

[sigh]

I’m resigned to que sera, sera.  If I don’t get any NHL hockey this season, the ECHL and collegiate hockey are more than enough compensation.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 11/30/12 at 02:58 PM ET

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 11/30/12 at 02:53 PM ET

But I sure as hell miss your GDTs, Sir.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 11/30/12 at 03:03 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

I had really hoped to be wrong on this, But this was set in stone when the Players got Fehr. I knew it was a season lost then because the owners read this as the NHLPA was going to war & they were ready for it too.

Sucks But I was right .... sadly

Posted by Evilpens on 11/30/12 at 03:56 PM ET

Chicken or Egg.

The players got Fehr because they knew the Owners were going to war.  Its the only tactic used in the Bettman regime.  They wanted to be ready this time

Sadly, they were right

Posted by jwad on 11/30/12 at 04:47 PM ET

NHLJeff's avatar

Paul, I’m with you. I am in disbelief that both sides are moronic enough to let it get to this point. I am dying for it to be resolved, but I’ve pretty much lost all hope. I cannot wait for the day to come when this thing is finally over (and I’m one of the few NHL fans still willing to have anything to do with the league).

Posted by NHLJeff from Pens fan in Chicago, IL on 11/30/12 at 05:10 PM ET

starsfan26's avatar

Exactly, great quote.

Unfortunately, I can’t get in to College Hockey.  If they sold an AHL Center Ice package (for TV) I would be all over it.

Are there any AHL games on TV, maybe on the regional networks (I have DirectTV)?

Posted by starsfan26 on 11/30/12 at 11:01 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Posted by starsfan26 on 11/30/12 at 11:01 PM ET

Not sure, but I recently purchased a Grand Rapids / Chicago game online, and it was quite entertaining.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 12/01/12 at 11:46 AM ET