Abel to Yzerman

Underdogs? More Like Maidens With Wrought Iron Souls

Oh yes.  Yes, I did.  For the first time ever, since this blog was created back in 1978, we've welcomed Jim Morrison to a Live Blog.

Actually, that's a lie because we talked about our Killer on the Road.  And if that big bastard comes back during this playoff run, we might trot it out again.

But for now, we're together on a thin raft, floating down a beery river toward a land where hockey doesn't belong and where the Pharoa died.

We need at least one in ridiculous Anaheim.  Game 1 would be preferable, but we'll take 2 if its offered.  Give us both and it will be on whore-style.

So here we go, into the breach once more.  We'll do nothing to influence a damn thing but what's done will influence us all to an extent that it's indecipherable to anyone but us and the pets we sacrifice.  Kiss your spouses on their lips.  Kiss your bosses on their asses.  Protect your children.  Warn your neighbors and ask baby Jesus to forgive us for the deals we make when we promise we'll exchange anything for just...one...goal.

It's a Live Blog, you bitches.  It's on.  Again.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

Red Winger's avatar

Go Wings!!!!!

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/30/13 at 07:18 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Maiden and Iron makes me think of the one and only Iron Maiden.
Damn I was a metal head in high school. Still love some Live After Death. Long live Eddie.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/30/13 at 07:27 PM ET

Primis's avatar

The bugle has sounded, time to go over the top.

You apes wanna’ live forever?

Posted by Primis on 04/30/13 at 07:28 PM ET

dougie's avatar

OK, now I am officially stressing aboot this game.

Managed to avoid it all day, but it is upon me now, in spades.

Maybe talking to my wife aboot her wardrobe choices for her upcoming 10 day road trip might provide some distraction. Earrings are very important, I am told.

Posted by dougie on 04/30/13 at 07:28 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

I also dig that we can get 700 comments here for the LB (over 1k in the later rounds), and this is hardly the only high-traffic, low-brow, juvenilicious Wings blog that does is own LB’s…
Posted by Primis on 04/30/13 at 07:02 PM ET

Fixt.

Unfortunately, no LB for me tonight. Hosting a dinner party for ten. Though the game will be on in the background.

LET’S GO RED WINGS!

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/30/13 at 07:28 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Posted by pgoody on 04/30/13 at 07:30 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

It’s a Live Blog, you bitches.  It’s on.  Again.

That’s right, Bitches. Doesn’t matter how we got here. Here we are. Again.

Let’s Roll this bitch. Playoff-style.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/30/13 at 07:30 PM ET

It will happen.  A new legacy is born.

My kids of various ages have enjoyed Thomas the Tank engine over the years.  Boudreau has always reminded me of the Fat controller “Sir Topham Hatt”.  Not sure if the link will work, but someone else will find it if not.

Posted by Jeff from CO. on 04/30/13 at 07:34 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Posted by pgoody on 04/30/13 at 07:36 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

I really like our team.

22 years

16 to no. 12 in ‘13 ... One. At. A. Time.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/30/13 at 07:37 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Run to the hills bitches, its on!

GAME ON!

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 04/30/13 at 07:38 PM ET

TEMO's avatar

L.G.R.W.!!!

Posted by TEMO from LANSING, MICHIGAN, U.S.A. on 04/30/13 at 07:40 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

It will happen.  A new legacy is born.

Posted by Jeff from Loveland, CO on 04/30/13 at 07:34 PM ET

I am familiar with Thomas the Train because of my Grandson. Thanks to you I have a whole new perspective “hrumph, hrumph,” on Sir Topham Hat, a.k.a Bruce Boudreau.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/30/13 at 07:48 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Bonjour, playoffs!

Just. Win. Tonight.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/30/13 at 07:49 PM ET

BC's avatar

Go, Wings!

TIme to mess up others’ plans of post season success, and continue to frustrate those who would write of our demise.

Thanks for this.

Posted by BC on 04/30/13 at 07:49 PM ET

Puck's avatar

I had Thai duck soup for dinner Sunday, and duck with fig sausages and grilled red peppers last night. Tonight I’m going for the duck trifecta, but I’m ordering pizza and beers.

Posted by Puck from San Francisco, CA on 04/30/13 at 07:52 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

Hey Kate u read my blog?  U might learn something. U can’t block a blog now can you?

Posted by DAN M on 04/30/13 at 07:53 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Long live Eddie.

Was a huge Maiden Head myself back in the day. “Number of the Beast” was, well, a beast.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/30/13 at 08:02 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

Those bagmunchers at NBC sports are requiring a login in order to stream the games from their website.

Imagine NFL playoff games not accessible to the general public. Heads should roll.

Maybe the euro feeds will work. dammit.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/30/13 at 08:03 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

Maidenhead - that word means something else

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/30/13 at 08:04 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Howdy All!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 04/30/13 at 08:06 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Hey, it looks like we won’t have to deal with The Doc, The Dick, and the Douche Canoe because they’re in Chicago; looks like I won’t have to jam steel spikes into my eardrums tonight.

Two and a half hours until the beginning of the real season.

Pepto, check.

Bucket, check.

Let’s do this.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 04/30/13 at 08:06 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

Does anyone play NHL 13 on PS3?  Like to find some buddies to play with.

Posted by DAN M on 04/30/13 at 08:10 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

It’s on.. oh how it’s on.. whore-style. This is going to be EPIC!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 08:15 PM ET

monkey's avatar

What the *#$%@& is a Pharoa?  Did I miss something?  Did you mean Pharaoh?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/30/13 at 08:17 PM ET

SandysWingingit's avatar

LGRW!!!! WHOO HOO!!!!!

Posted by SandysWingingit on 04/30/13 at 08:19 PM ET

Primis's avatar

I can’t imagine the keyword searches on Google that lead people to A2Y liveblogs.  I really can’t.

Posted by Primis on 04/30/13 at 08:21 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Minn up by one? Really?

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 08:21 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

so clutterbuck puts minny up 1-0 over ‘lil bro’?

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/30/13 at 08:21 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

What the *#$%@& is a Pharoa?

The way Murph would say Pharaoh.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/30/13 at 08:22 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Minn up by one? Really?

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 08:21 PM ET

That moment when you don’t know which team to root for the sweep of.

Posted by Primis on 04/30/13 at 08:22 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

That moment when you don’t know which team to root for the sweep of.

Posted by Primis on 04/30/13 at 08:22 PM ET

I know that feel, bro…

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 04/30/13 at 08:23 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

SHots on Goal 1 - 1 And the Minn one goes in. ROFL.

SV% of 0. 0 Saves and 1 Shot.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 08:23 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

That moment when you don’t know which team to root for the sweep of.

let ‘em go 7 and beat the pazzazz out of each other

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/30/13 at 08:24 PM ET

Tony Perkis's avatar

I play on ps3, but I have my final finals coming up and I’m trying to graduate, so I can’t enjoy videogames at the moment. Or beer. But Thursday I’ll be enjoying some tasty brews with my Red Wings.

Curious, any from MI know of Dogfish Head craft brews? Most are IPAs. It’s made in DE so I’m not sure if they sell it everywhere. I see you guys posting pics of some delicious-looking beer on here that I never tried and I’m jealous. That’s what I’m drinking lately, and if you haven’t tried it, I highly recommend it. Strange name, yes, but every kind I had is tasty as *#$%@& and knocks you on your ass.

Posted by Tony Perkis from Drinking at Robert's Lounge with Billy Batts on 04/30/13 at 08:25 PM ET

monkey's avatar

“Willy Wonka strangling a hooker”
“Lenin pig wrestling”
“Underoos and bath salts”

These should get you started.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/30/13 at 08:25 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

so a Minnesota goal, then a phantom penalty on Minnesota.  imagine that.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/30/13 at 08:25 PM ET

klank's avatar

a search of “Red Wings” has A2Y listed 4th among blogs.  upon search “Detroit Red Wings”, its a bit further down.

thought I’d pass along the keywords.  =D

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 04/30/13 at 08:26 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

minny lost backstrom to a pregame tweek

harding started

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/30/13 at 08:26 PM ET

monkey's avatar

There was a tv show about that brewery on briefly.  Can’t remember the channel.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/30/13 at 08:27 PM ET