Abel to Yzerman

Quick Recap -Wings/Lightning

Ted Kulfan is up again.

In the 3rd period, the Lightning scored 3 goals in 7:04 to take a 4-3 and scored again with a little more than three minutes left to make it 5-3.

Rasmussen scored with Jimmy Howard pulled but the Wings could not fine a way to tie the game.

Final- Tampa 5 Detroit 4

Goals and stats below.

Helm.

Abdelkader.

Stamkos.

Point.

Kucherov.

Johnson.

Kucherov.

Rasmussen.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Damn right I wouldn’t have been happy. These guys had all season to play better and didn’t. Don’t start this Heroic BS now. Just like I said a couple games ago… All the 4th liners will suddenly get hot and try and ruin it.

Ottawa even won tonight so they inched closer. Need LA to win tonight as well.

I’ll root for them to win again next year… except I want the new FAs that we just signed to do well. That would make me happy.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 03/14/19 at 11:34 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Don’t misunderstand me, I want the boys to lock up Top (bottom?) spot overall, but can anyone explain to me why Nielsen,Abby, and Witkowski !!?? all had more ice time than Rasmussen tonight????  confused

Posted by Down River Dan on 03/14/19 at 11:36 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

I was at the game. It was like a cat playing with a mouse the last half of the game. confused

Posted by bigfrog on 03/14/19 at 11:37 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Was at work, couldn’t watch the game.  So the WIngs lost a close one of the best team in the league (without Larkin).  Ras scores, new guy scores?

Sounds like a pretty ideal situation all around.

Posted by Primis on 03/15/19 at 07:54 AM ET

Because 1. Rasmussen looks lost out there most of the time. 2. Witkowski is playing D and D usually gets more ice time than F.
3. Abby has been put on the PP, because you know, he is so great at it, and he kills penalties.

But I get your point though, might as well let the kids play as much as possible at this point in the season.

Posted by George0211 on 03/15/19 at 08:15 AM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Let’s be honest here, Andrei Andreyevich Vasilevskiy (a name straight out of a Dostoevsky novel) had a very off night. When Wings were up 3- 0, the shots on goal were 21 -10 TB. Jimmy hung tough for the first period in a half. That was probably his best outing in 10 games.

My wife called it. When Wings scored the third goal and I was all giddy thinking we might beat Tampa Bay, she looked at me with the most sincere integrity and said “The Wings will lose 5-4, you watch.”  SMH. Deep in my heart before she said it I knew too. This is this Team’s MO for the last 3 seasons. Even with the kids getting more time and the Vets being on ice mentors. Not enough talent on the D and a process that is not set up for dealing with adversity.

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 03/15/19 at 08:45 AM ET

ilovehomers's avatar

“The Wings will lose 5-4, you watch.”

I still blame RWBill 50%, your wife can take the other 50% for that travesty of a collapse!

Actually, it’s not as bad as the total cluster that was the islanders game last year after the Bert major penalty

Posted by ilovehomers on 03/15/19 at 09:25 AM ET

I did not even realize Abby has not scored in 40 games prior to yesterday.

Posted by VPalmer on 03/15/19 at 09:26 AM ET

Posted by ilovehomers on 03/15/19 at 09:25 AM ET

This was totally expected. Mick called it at the start of the game, that Wings might catch Bolts off guard, and they did.
Then the best team in the league got going, at that point Wings had no chance.

Posted by George0211 on 03/15/19 at 09:27 AM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

I did not even realize Abby has not scored in 40 games prior to yesterday.

Posted by VPalmer on 03/15/19 at 09:26 AM ET

Wow, I knew it was a while but not that long.

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 03/15/19 at 10:38 AM ET

I did not even realize Abby has not scored in 40 games prior to yesterday.
Posted by VPalmer on 03/15/19 at 09:26 AM ET
Wow, I knew it was a while but not that long.
Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 03/15/19 at 10:38 AM ET

He does other things than just score.

1) Sticks up for teammates. Like after Larkin got roughed up he came in and dropped the gloves. Oh wait, no he didn’t.

2) Plays good defense. Oh wait, he’s -14. Worst on the team, unless you count Cholowski. So 2nd worst on the team.

3) Helps the PP by screening goalies which doesn’t get on the scoresheet. Oh wait, PP is ranked 24th in the league. Just like last year. And 27th the year before that.

4) He helps on the PK. Oh wait, that’s 28th in the league.

The guy is totally useless. Hope the new CBA gives us a compliance buyout because he should be gone in a nano-second.

Posted by rogerrab on 03/15/19 at 11:25 AM ET

ilovehomers's avatar

Astounding on the Abby fact. Just. Astounding.

Posted by ilovehomers on 03/15/19 at 11:53 AM ET