Abel to Yzerman

Another Late Night

Well, we had a little streak, and, it felt pretty good there for a bit. Now we're back to reality. The late night games are almost done with for now. We're up against a Sharks team whose top guys are going pretty good right now, and, our defense is not the best, with some of our better players out. That does not bode well for whoever is in goal. So hello, goodnight, and thanks if you choose to be here for another late night game.

It's a Live Blog!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

Paul's avatar

per Wakiji…

in warmups:
Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha
Fabbri-Filppula-Athanasiou
Hirose-Nielsen-Perlini
Helm-Glendening-Erne

Cholowski-Bowey
Hicketts-McIlrath
Ericsson-Biega

Howard

Green headed back to Detroit, baby coming. Earlier today, Smith recalled and Ehn sent to GR.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/16/19 at 10:18 PM ET

WingedRider's avatar

Which way will the rebuild roller coaster go tonight???

Posted by WingedRider from Saskatoon, SK on 11/16/19 at 10:29 PM ET

LGRW

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/16/19 at 10:36 PM ET

Nice to see that falling down from the lightest touch hasn’t gone out of style in San Jose

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/16/19 at 10:44 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Howdy 19. Let’s make it 5 oot of 6 points on this trip. It will depend on whether we have a Jimmah or a Jinny tonight. LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 11/16/19 at 10:44 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Buenas Noches, todos.
They’ve got points in 3 games since I tried the Spanish, so stick with it one more night.

I’ve made some double espresso to go with a piece of tiramisu, so this should keep my heart pounding through my chest for 90 minutes, when I might crash.

Posted by RWBill on 11/16/19 at 10:46 PM ET

kilt it

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/16/19 at 10:46 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Valek, the only game I’ve seen in San Jose, proly 15 years ago now, is that possible, the two guys next to me at the end of the first period asked me if I wanted to bounce and party with them, swiping at their noses, speaking of going down easy.  I declined.

Posted by RWBill on 11/16/19 at 10:48 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Good to see LGD back in th the lineup.
TMI RW tongue wink

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 11/16/19 at 10:53 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

Man, these 8:30 games are rough…  tongue wink

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 11/16/19 at 10:55 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

When in doubt on an odd-man rush, don’t pass the puck to Fil.

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 11/16/19 at 10:56 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

The Nielsen-Hirose-Perlini line (0 goals between em) needs a name….“the gang that couldn’t shoot straight”...

Posted by Down River Dan on 11/16/19 at 10:59 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

Posted by Down River Dan on 11/16/19 at 10:59 PM ET

The Stormtroopers (Miss every shot)?

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 11/16/19 at 11:00 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Evening Bitches!

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 11/16/19 at 11:00 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Man, these 8:30 games are rough…  tongue wink

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 11/16/19 at 10:55 PM ET

Must be nice…. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/16/19 at 11:01 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

don’t pass the puck to Fil..... or Glenny .. or Abby… or Helm… or…

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 11/16/19 at 11:02 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Rw does spainglish? welll…

Bounos crotches mi amigos!

Checking in for a bit on Yet another game that starts a half hour before my bedtime.

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, I can see Yzerman from here...... on 11/16/19 at 11:03 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Refreshing to see Helms head bounce off the boards…..

shake it off says the Zebra…...

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, I can see Yzerman from here...... on 11/16/19 at 11:05 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

My 87 year old Mother is visiting. It’s like an old folks home around here…. grrr

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/16/19 at 11:05 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Looks like the refs are going to let em play hard. Keep yer heads up boys. LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 11/16/19 at 11:06 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/16/19 at 11:05 PM ET

Tell her we said “Hi”.

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 11/16/19 at 11:06 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Many pirate swears…...

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/16/19 at 11:07 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Hola boys and girls. It’s a great night for a hockey game?  L.G.R.W.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 11/16/19 at 11:09 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

8:30 game lol, you bastard.

Actually I used to thing I’d like to live in NM at least for a short while after retiring in Virginia, which I have done.  Need to sell the house maybe and become more mobile.  I’m working on a condominium in San Miguel de Allende in the Mexican highlands if the developer can get the permits, i.e., bribe the right people.

Posted by RWBill on 11/16/19 at 11:10 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Refs turning their heads away from seeing the hits. Time to initiate them boys. LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 11/16/19 at 11:10 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

Ah, Macklunkey!

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 11/16/19 at 11:11 PM ET

calquake's avatar

poop

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 11/16/19 at 11:11 PM ET

seems about right

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/16/19 at 11:11 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Damn, a Budd Lynch goal !

Posted by RWBill on 11/16/19 at 11:12 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

That one was hard to follow in slo Moe…

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, I can see Yzerman from here...... on 11/16/19 at 11:13 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Bah. Sloppy seconds shots with juicy rebounds. Get er back.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 11/16/19 at 11:14 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

San Miguel de Allende in the Mexican highlands!!!? Bribes are good.

My money is in Costa Rica. Tamarindo. Shhhhhh, Keep it to yourself…...

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, I can see Yzerman from here...... on 11/16/19 at 11:16 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

shut eye

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/16/19 at 11:16 PM ET

calquake's avatar

My 87 year old Mother is visiting.

If the Wings take this game she may have to stick around as a good luck charm. cheese

It’s like an old folks home around here…

Oops, I pooped my pants. big surprise

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 11/16/19 at 11:19 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Your secret is safe Rumbear, no one has heard of Tamarindo CR !
I looked at property in the low hills in the rainforest in southern CR on the way to the Panamanian border but decided against it, they make some great looking homes there, though.

Posted by RWBill on 11/16/19 at 11:25 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Oops, I pooped my pants. big surprise

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 11/16/19 at 11:19 PM ET

LOL a great one.

Posted by RWBill on 11/16/19 at 11:25 PM ET

calquake's avatar

San Miguel de Allende in the Mexican highlands!!!? Bribes are good.

My money is in Costa Rica. Tamarindo. Shhhhhh, Keep it to yourself…...

Well my money is invested in large appliance boxes to use as my hacienda in my very elderly years.  cheese

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 11/16/19 at 11:26 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Your secret is safe Rumbear, no one has heard of Tamarindo CR !

Posted by RWBill on 11/16/19 at 11:25 PM ET

That is tongue in cheek of course, a lovely area.

Posted by RWBill on 11/16/19 at 11:27 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 11/16/19 at 11:26 PM ET

LOL, you’re getting in on the trend!  Really the “in thing” in LA these days I see.

Posted by RWBill on 11/16/19 at 11:28 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Not to piss anyone off, but a good victory for the Maize and Blue today.

Posted by RWBill on 11/16/19 at 11:29 PM ET