Abel to Yzerman

We Got a Lot of Losses…

"YEAH THAT'S RIGHT WE GOTTA LOT OF EM, LET'S GO! NOBODY'S BETTER THAN US! THAT'S WHAT WE'RE HERE FOR GUYS - TO WIN!"

The Hansons had it right, but can the Wings put on their inner foil? Can they "GET OUT THERE AND STICK 'EM" or "*#$%@&' CHRIST, POP 'EM?"

I don't know.

One thing I do know, however, is that I'm totally done with the veritable Biblical Plague of Injuries that's afflicted the Wings. I mean, I was done before, but now I'm done; Franzen's the new "Stillwoozy," Datsyuk didn't know he was this injured, Weiss had to have his abdomen stitched back together, and Helm is simply broken.

Add to that Gustvasson, Alfredsson, Ericsson, and probably some more names with a lot of 'S'es, and here we are.

Well, shit.

The Kids are getting their chances, but a questionable 1st line a 3rd line, and two 4th lines just don't seem to be a competitve formula in Little Gary's Parity Soaked Super Happy Fun League...

... excuses, excuses. Uncle Mike doesn't want to hear them, so why should we?

I guess I'll have to break out the big words again tonight:

JUST. *#$%@&. WIN.

There, happy now? Can we squeeze a win out of our asses tonight instead of the usual diamonds?

I really, truly, genuinely hope so, or this is going to be one depressing Live Blog, Bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

I’m ready for a three hour tour.

RIP Professor.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/16/14 at 07:36 PM ET

gowings's avatar

I actually feel better reading you now…..it’s nice to know I am not the only one feeling this pain here….You are totally right…...but I have a feeling the hockey gods really hate us right now…I mean damn…...how bad can this get….

Wait…..I guess it can get worse….nooooooooooooooo

In good all fashion French Canadian .....here is how I would describe our situation:

“On est dans marde calisse”

A translation of “being in deep shit” does not do it justice…at all….

Posted by gowings from MTL on 01/16/14 at 07:44 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

I’m going to let the Wings borrow my fantasy team’s theme song for the remainder of the season:

If it weren’t for bad luck,
I’d have no luck at all.
Gloom, Despair
and Agony on me.

Posted by Hootinani on 01/16/14 at 07:46 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Gimme a grape or an orange, and none of that stinkin’ root beer.

Actually, just gimme a fuching win.

Who’da thunk it would be the Grand Rapids Griffins playing these meaningful pre-Olympics games? I’d have laughed and called you crazy if you had told me that before the season started.

Anyway. Just win, baby!

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/16/14 at 07:47 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Howdy all! Thanks RedMenace!

Lets just “WIN”.....

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 01/16/14 at 07:49 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

My IPhone NHL app says tonight’s game is a GCL Free Sample game, so hopefully some of you in need of a feed can get the game there.  Share here if it works, please.  I’m a subscriber, so I can’t tell if it’s free on computer or just on IPhone.

LGRW!!!!!

If it weren’t for bad luck,
I’d have no luck at all.
Gloom, Despair
and Agony on me.
Posted by Hootinani on 01/16/14 at 06:46 PM ET

Koko Taylor Born Under a Bad Sign

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/16/14 at 07:54 PM ET

maltby18's avatar

Broken players don’t matter tonight, just go kick the rags ass!  Take the two points and tell them to go cry to their boy Avery, wherever the hell he is.

Posted by maltby18 on 01/16/14 at 07:55 PM ET

Thanks, RedM, you foul mouth sod.  Agree.  Jobu’s so fuching ten years ago.

“On est dans marde calisse”

A translation of “being in deep shit” does not do it justice…at all….

Posted by gowings from MTL on 01/16/14 at 06:44 PM ET

Morticia?

Just get the two points, Wings.  We’re now OUT of a wild card playoff spot.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 01/16/14 at 07:55 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Any one got a good feed?
Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/16/14 at 06:52 PM ET

Rumor has it the game is free at NHL.com game center live

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/16/14 at 07:55 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

No excuses. Don’t complain. Don’t explain. Yes, yes, I’m all in.

Let’s Roll!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/16/14 at 07:56 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

I’m ready for a three hour tour.

RIP Professor.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/16/14 at 06:36 PM ET

I see what you did there, CaptDP.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/16/14 at 07:57 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Hejsan Svejsan allesammans !!! Tack RM !!

I predict a win tonight ??  Lets Go Red Wings !!!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 01/16/14 at 07:57 PM ET

Rumor has it the game is free at NHL.com game center live

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/16/14 at 06:55 PM ET

Do we get to choose our feed?

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 01/16/14 at 07:57 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Do we get to choose our feed?

Posted by SYF from calquake’s rug inspection office on 01/16/14 at 06:57 PM ET

Yes sir.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/16/14 at 07:58 PM ET

My bad manners:  R.I.P. Russell Johnson.  You made nerdiness cool back then.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 01/16/14 at 07:59 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Rumor has it the game is free at NHL.com game center live

Its free on iPhone only from what I can tell.  Not my first choice.  If anyone has a better lead hit me up please.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/16/14 at 07:59 PM ET

Thanks, Kate.  I’ll probably take them up on it, but given how so far behind their feed is compared to the other guys, well, we’ll see.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 01/16/14 at 08:00 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I was afraid of that, bezukov, ‘cuz I didn’t see any reference to it on the computer.  Sorry.  IPhone is better than nothing, though.  And maybe it will also work on IPad?

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/16/14 at 08:02 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Ozzie needs Xanax.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/16/14 at 08:03 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Ozzie needs Xanax.
Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!
Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/16/14 at 07:03 PM ET

So do I. Tell him to get in line.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/16/14 at 08:05 PM ET

Alan's avatar

I’ve got you both beat.

I have Xanax.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/16/14 at 08:08 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

He’s a wigwam, he’s a tee-pee. He’s too tense. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/16/14 at 08:08 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Evening all.  Another injury tonight?  Funny, I was pretty much expecting it.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 01/16/14 at 08:09 PM ET

Chinese fire drill on defense.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 01/16/14 at 08:10 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Well, this is starting well

Posted by Hootinani on 01/16/14 at 08:10 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

How any more can we get out of the line up at the same time?

I’m afraid someone will answer that question in a way I won’t like.  nm

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 01/16/14 at 08:10 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

thank you, Jimmy!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 01/16/14 at 08:10 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Get these slow Fuchs off the ice!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/16/14 at 08:11 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Are we on a PK, or just that inept at clearing the puck?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/16/14 at 08:11 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Emmerton belongs in GR, not “played well” there.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 01/16/14 at 08:12 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Damn that was close by Emmer and Deke.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 01/16/14 at 08:13 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

believe it or not, Andersson was 1 of 3 players that had played all games so far this year ...

was.

(ask me the other 2, I dare you ... )

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/16/14 at 08:13 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Dong sighting early tonight.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 01/16/14 at 08:13 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Since when do the wings suck so bad at faceoffs?

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 01/16/14 at 08:13 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Since when do the wings suck so bad at faceoffs?
Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 01/16/14 at 07:13 PM ET

Since Magic Man has been out of the lineup

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/16/14 at 08:14 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Another injury tonight?

Neo oot now and no bodies coming back yet?  Lets just get this over with Bitches:

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 01/16/14 at 08:14 PM ET

Shot from the point.  And around we go.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 01/16/14 at 08:14 PM ET