Abel to Yzerman

It’s A Stress Train Weekend

First: go here. Read it. Heed it. Act.

I've got bad feelings about Jim Leyland's Tigers. Can't pinpoint it, just do.  The visions I've had are not good. Like getting swept not good. Can't explain it. A gut feeling.

I've got bad feelings about Michigan. Akron and UCONN, those powerhouses, exposed them.

I don't think the Lions can beat Green Bay in Green Bay or in Saginaw Bay.

But...

...as always, we've got the Wings. And beer. For everyone. The whole weekend.  You're going to need it, I'm afraid.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.  A down south friendly tonight and the Big, Bad Bruins tomorrow. The beast of the Big, Tough East.

Whatever happened to Acid Queen? Remember her? She hated the Wings. Despised us, too. I think she actually wished a nuclear explosion on our quaint little town.  Ah well.  They come and they go, just like Max Mercy said.

Game 2. 12 in 14.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

RWBill's avatar

Nothing says it’s the beginning of hockey season like having to fix the air conditioner in your car so you can make the trip to see the wings game.  One can of a/c leak fixer and one can of r 134A and I’m good to go. 35 miles north of Raleigh on highway 1.

Just about the hottest driest stretch all year. Hello hockey.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/04/13 at 04:59 PM ET

Slainte, Chief.  Just when I’m starting to feel good about the Tigers, I see:

I’ve got bad feelings about Jim Leyland’s Tigers.

I’m absolutely all giddy.

Referees:
Dave Jackson #8
Jean Hebert #15

Linesmen:
Brian Mach #78
Andy McElman #90

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 10/04/13 at 05:07 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I think she actually wished a nuclear explosion on our quaint little town.

She’s a little too late for that wish.

Posted by calquake on 10/04/13 at 05:23 PM ET

w2j2's avatar

That is one of the unsung benefits of the Wings moving to the East…RWBill will get to see more games!
I remember Acid Queen!  She hated us all, but I liked her.  Her high point was when the ‘canes won the cup.
How long will Tatar ride the bench?  Until the Wings lose a few games and Babs gets itchy for some goals.

Posted by w2j2 on 10/04/13 at 05:25 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Ah the Acid Queen, you can find her last comment on a KK blog here at TPSH.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/04/13 at 05:26 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I share your feeling about the Tigers, Master Chief.  Want them to do it this year, but the bull pen scares the bejeebers out of me.

Meanwhile.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 10/04/13 at 05:30 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

I’d throw the Lions and the Tigers in the Saginaw bay, and convert to being a State fan (just threw up a little there) if it would some how get Nyquist and Tatar into the lineup.

Posted by Hootinani on 10/04/13 at 06:09 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/04/13 at 06:17 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Come on over to the green side hoot. Grab a beer . It don’t cost nothin . wink

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 10/04/13 at 06:21 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Who is the girl with the big…...... Camera lens RW?

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 10/04/13 at 06:25 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Dekeysers stick is longer than my penis!

But not as thick.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/04/13 at 06:33 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

It’s only game 2 (not the playoffs), but here is Gabe’s Stress Train.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/04/13 at 06:45 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Don’t worry about the Tigers. And don’t underestimate how much they all want it.

Posted by MoreShoot on 10/04/13 at 06:47 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Posted by MoreShoot on 10/04/13 at 06:47 PM ET

And don’t worry about the Lions. Until they actually make it to a conference title game or super bowl, I think worrying about the spotted owl or snail darter is more productive. That said I’ll be rooting hard for them to beat the pack. I am Lions fan with low expectations.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/04/13 at 06:51 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Is 42Jeff still in the Dakota’s getting clobbered by that blizzard (is it even October yet?) or did he retire back to amway country? Stay warm if you’re still in Minot, Jeff. That storm looks nasty.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/04/13 at 06:55 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Man i h8 cheesy pregame videos

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/04/13 at 07:00 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Good god an insufferable opening night on the road.  Introdicing the jock manager.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/04/13 at 07:02 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Introdicing the jock manager.

Well at least he “supports” the team. cheese

Posted by calquake on 10/04/13 at 07:03 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Just wanted to pop in and thank Bill for putting up the link for donations.

Without the help of the “19”, I don’t know how I would survive.

Tthe lockout almost brought me to my knees but the future looks much brighter.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/04/13 at 07:03 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Chief, Hail Wing fans!
Game 2 Bring in…...Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

(BTW- Day 4 No Work, No Pay due to “Lapse in Appropriations”, on the other hand getting some needed cleanout done, and I thought I would never say this but I am sort of missing work that is until June 2018, when I retire.)

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 10/04/13 at 07:04 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Ah, I missed the Mick.

Evenin bitches.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/04/13 at 07:09 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

...link for donations.
Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/04/13 at 07:03 PM ET

Note to Paul -

Completed. Thanks for all your efforts…. smile

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 10/04/13 at 07:09 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Too much red out there… which team is us again?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/04/13 at 07:11 PM ET

That was NOT a good looking PP

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 10/04/13 at 07:17 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Just shoot it!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/04/13 at 07:18 PM ET

Heh…..Cleary fell down with no one around him….that never happens

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 10/04/13 at 07:20 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Pretty sloppy so far.

Posted by calquake on 10/04/13 at 07:20 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Z with the clank

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/04/13 at 07:22 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

...I think it’s the ice, it’s been pretty HOT down south this last week…:cheese:

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 10/04/13 at 07:22 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Evening bitches!

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/04/13 at 07:25 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Something tells me Skinner wont be very popular in SOchi…

Posted by pgoody on 10/04/13 at 07:28 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

UGH

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 10/04/13 at 07:32 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Well that was ugly

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/04/13 at 07:32 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

That was the pure lazyness, all the way around

Posted by Hootinani on 10/04/13 at 07:32 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

oh look..its quincey

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/04/13 at 07:32 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Poop.

Posted by calquake on 10/04/13 at 07:33 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

shit

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/04/13 at 07:33 PM ET

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »