Abel to Yzerman

Babcock Or Julien?

Tocchet joins the list of others picking Boston.  As a matter of fact, I have yet to see anyone pick Detroit.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

gowings's avatar

Apparently an analyst called Dan Moriaty…saw it on mlive.com

Posted by gowings from MTL on 04/15/14 at 09:09 AM ET

No surprise here. Boston is an easy pick to make, but not necessarily right one.

Posted by George0211 on 04/15/14 at 09:20 AM ET

BettmenSucks79's avatar

Think he wants to bet on it?

Posted by BettmenSucks79 on 04/15/14 at 09:56 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

In my playoff pool I have Boston in six. Not because i’m anti-Babs, or whatever else may be thrown my way, but simply because that’s how I see it.

Detroit deserves a ton of credit getting to this point, and they should scare some teams. But Boston is too deep, IMO, and Detroit’s youngsters may need one post-season under them until they become the well-seasoned force in the playoffs that they are in the regular season

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/15/14 at 10:14 AM ET

calquake's avatar

In order to beat Boston, Jimmy would have to steal at least two games, Nyquist would have to go on another scoring tear, Mule would have to wake up (yeah right), another unexpected scorer would have to emerge and lastly the defense would have to play better than they have all season.  And let’s not forget our tribute to Gramps (Todd) “injuries and officiating”.

Posted by calquake on 04/15/14 at 10:41 AM ET

And let’s not forget our tribute to Gramps (Todd) “injuries and officiating”.

Posted by calquake on 04/15/14 at 11:41 AM ET

Amen, brother.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 04/15/14 at 10:47 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Think he wants to bet on it?

Posted by BettmenSucks79 on 04/15/14 at 10:56 AM ET

Touche’.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/15/14 at 11:50 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

And let’s not forget our tribute to Gramps (Todd) “injuries and officiating”.

Posted by calquake on 04/15/14 at 11:41 AM ET

I was going to suggest a “19 way”(its like a 3 way, only with 19 of us), offering up of that quote, along with a salute, to HTT, for the first Playoff LB.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/15/14 at 11:55 AM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

I haven’t been around for every LB but I’ve had my avatar up for Gramps all year.

Injuries and officiating.

Wings in six, bitches.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 04/15/14 at 04:39 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar