Abel to Yzerman

[02/03/2014] GDT: Red Wings vs Canucks

Are the Olympics over yet?

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

RedMenace's avatar

I’m attempting to figure out why the last few sections are one giant hyperlink, and will fix as soon as I know what’s up.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 02/03/14 at 11:58 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Okay, fixt it. I hope.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 02/03/14 at 12:09 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Lack starting for the Canucks.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 02/03/14 at 12:17 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Lately I have had to balance watching the Wings with my psychological well being.  Hockey can be an excellent source of escapism during the cooped-up winter months, but who wants to escape into a nightmare?

There’s a Townes van Zandt song that I think the 19 should adopt:  Turnstyled Junkpiled

No matter what happens I can’t look away.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/03/14 at 12:35 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Khan with a post-morning skate update.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 02/03/14 at 12:45 PM ET

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/03/14 at 12:35 PM ET

I find that being psychologically bent to begin with is really helping in dealing with the Wings struggles this season.  I surely can’t imagine how seeing Leggo and Peel with the orange stripes on their sleeves will help anyone’s mental well being tonight.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/03/14 at 12:49 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Thanks, RM and Paul!

LGRW!!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/03/14 at 12:50 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Are the Olympics over yet?

At my house they are.

Posted by dougie on 02/03/14 at 01:03 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Drink up, it at least dulls the senses a touch.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/03/14 at 01:07 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I see Steve Miller is a linesman.

The guy sure can fly like an eagle out there.

Some of his calls makes me think he is a joker, though.

I bet as soon as he takes the money and runs he’ll be on the first jet airliner out of Detroit.

Okay, I’ll stop now.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 02/03/14 at 01:41 PM ET

Thanks, RedM.  A late morning cuppa Kona cawfee and a ham and cheese sandwich salute to the GDT.  Salut.

Leggo and Peel.  That’s twice in two days we’re stuck with a pair of selective douchebags for officials.  Even if our PP converts, I dread these two bastards.

OUR two points, Wings.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 02/03/14 at 01:47 PM ET

gowings's avatar

Thanks Red,

“Pavel Datsyuk - Olympic Fever”  good analysis there!!!  smile

Posted by gowings from MTL on 02/03/14 at 02:24 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Thanks Red!

Are the Olympics over yet?

Ugh….

Jeebus on a Pogo stick….those fricking announcermanpersonpeoples would not shut up aboot Pavel in the OhLimpics, Nyquist’ only thought is how HE should be on the OhLimpics…..blah, blah, blah, blah…....

Get two tonight!

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 02/03/14 at 02:30 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

I’m suuure its a product of his crap game last night but has anyone heard if smiths in the box pending trade.  He’s the perfect candidate for a top 4 vet trade.  Any team we get a d man from would want one back and smithstill has tools just might not be a fit for band system at this point.  He’s as bad now as the beginning of last year

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 02/03/14 at 03:29 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

has anyone heard if smiths in the box pending trade.

That was my immediate thought… I suppose we’ll know shortly.

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 02/03/14 at 04:39 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

10 inches of snow today. Lots of fun playing with the Grandson, making snowmen and angels. The snowmen are pretty solid, which is more than I can say for Smith/Quincey. wink

“OUR two points” tonite. Make it happen Wings!

Thanks RM.

Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/14 at 05:07 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

HEY KATE EVERYBODY!!! KATE GOT TEN INCHES!!

KATE GOT TEN…oh…snow

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/03/14 at 05:30 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

HEY KATE EVERYBODY!!! KATE GOT TEN INCHES!!

KATE GOT TEN…oh…snow

Whore-style. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/14 at 05:40 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Whore-Style. She’s a true champ. No doubt about that.

I haven’t seen any trade rumors.. but.. I don’t think I’d cry if he was traded.

Man-crush on sweet Tits himself.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/03/14 at 05:44 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Mucho thankx as usual Red. Missed the game having to work yesterday. After reading the LB, sounded like much teeth gnashing over officiating.

Oh by the way 75 degrees here today wearing shorts to stick time and putting on the AC on the way home from the rink.

I think that anyone who is a d partner with Q has been hung out to dry and look bad on the stat sheet. He needs to sit and see how the d reacts with him out of the lineup. Ya hear me Babbles?

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/03/14 at 06:28 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Stat sheet aside, Kindl has been horrible on the eyeball test since his stint in the doghouse.
Both of them need to collect their paychecks somewhere else next season.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/03/14 at 06:54 PM ET