So I got curious and started clicking around the various user names online from day to day. I found some interesting things out about you people. What struck me as most fun to observe was how recently people have joined as a regular, non-lurking member of Kukla’s Korner. I know we all go through a phase of “experimentation” before we sign up, but the little dates on our profiles are the only concrete record of when we started to really pay attention. Moreover if marks a moment in time we decided to start participating in this great blog.
I noticed some really interesting patterns off the bat…
- Paul of course was the first signee, on at 5/23/2005. I believe the Red Wings were still involved in the playoffs at that point.
- Interesting names, cool to see George Malik was one of the firsts.
- Weird it shows Older Than Chelios has 0 posts, yet I know this not to be true.
- Puckhound gets #3 best first-ish poster award, Baroque, Steve, and RWBill not far behind.
- Spector took a whole year to join up.
- Also before the days of Alanah…
What I would like to know from you is when you joined, that day, what were you thinking? What made you want to participate? What was going on and why did you join? There have got to be some good stories here. This isn’t a pissing contest, most of us would get out-pissed before we could say “cheddar.” I’m just really interested in the culture of this thing and knowing the “where were you” of when you joined. Indulge Me.