KK Members Blog

What will Babcock do? Please place your predictions here!

Right.

I don't care about the circus, as entertaining as everyone has made it. I don't care about the result, as the Wings will survive and continue to rebuild into a contender regardless of Babcock's decision.

I do care about the record, and this everyone's chance to place your predictions. This is not a debate, merely the answer to a simple question

Is Babcock staying in Detroit?

For the record, I think Babcock has had his fun and will be re-signing with Detroit.

How about you?

Filed in: NHL Teams, Detroit Red Wings, | KK Members Blog | Permalink

Comments

Mandingo's avatar

50/50 chance he stays in Detroit, but there’s only a 10% chance of that.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 05/18/15 at 04:48 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

60% of the time, Mandingo is right, every time.

Posted by mrfluffy from the phone, calling Detroit, telling them it's on 05/18/15 at 04:50 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

For better or for worse.  My guess,  he stays. shut eye

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 05/18/15 at 05:15 PM ET

Babcock will coach all 30 teams from the War Room in Toronto.

Posted by mc keeper on 05/18/15 at 05:16 PM ET

Datsyuk's Dangles's avatar

Doesn’t matter at this point. Babcock stays = win.  Babcock leaves and Blashil is named coach = win.  Wings are in a good spot and KH has played this right giving Babcock the freedom to parade his ego around all over the place.  KH has to be a little pissed about that dreger interview though, that was painful.

Posted by Datsyuk's Dangles on 05/18/15 at 05:21 PM ET

Chip4Pips's avatar

Babcock is gone and after watching the narcissistic display in the Dreger interview I am convinced it is for the best. Bring on Blash.

Posted by Chip4Pips on 05/18/15 at 05:27 PM ET

Mc keeper that is the best comment in 2015 so far lol
I hope he’s gone and can we please start talking about mock drafts and the first pick this year.

Posted by helmshands43 on 05/18/15 at 06:10 PM ET

I hope he goes and I don’t care where.

Posted by Garth on 05/18/15 at 06:18 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

I think he stays, but if he goes I think Blashill would be a great replacement. cheese

Posted by bigfrog on 05/18/15 at 06:35 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

A little disappointed in how this whole thing has played out in recent weeks. During the season I thought it would become a issue, but both Ken & Mike stuck to the no comment and , other than Toronto media, it wasn’t a problem.

However, what’s taken place since the season ended is the sort of thing that used to happen in the “Bronx Zoo” era of the Yankees.

Really no reason that Mike couldn’t have been allowed to meet with teams quietly and behind the scenes.That 24 minute interview with Dreger, Kenny, and Mike made me quite nauseous to watch. Can’t imagine how it made the Illitches feel?

I like Mike, and hope that he returns, but after all that has played out on two continents over the past week, it seems rather unlikely he is back.

I think what ultimately happens is, Babcock has a offer from the Sabers in his pocket for $5,000,000 / year. I believe he will go to Kenny and give him a chance to match. However, I think the Illitch’s will not match.

I think Babcock is in Buffalo next season.

Posted by Down River Dan on 05/18/15 at 06:44 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

no matter what i think he will do, he will do the opposite.

so i am keeping my mouth shut.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 05/18/15 at 06:45 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Shuffle off to Buffalo. Please.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 05/18/15 at 06:50 PM ET

Alan's avatar

I’m fairly certain he’s gonna stick around here in Detroit.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 05/18/15 at 06:55 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I’m fairly certain he’s gonna stick around here in Detroit.

If so hopefully he only signs for one year, so we can go through all of this again.

It was fun.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 05/18/15 at 07:01 PM ET

All American in MN's avatar

We don’t know if EDM and PHI talked to Babcock during this interview period. But we do know one of those teams has already named a new head coach and the other is about too. We can speculate that those two cities may have been at the top of his hopeful destinations, but they moved onto different coaches quickly.  I wonder if that will deflate some of Babcock’s ego. I doubt it. Not even sure why he would would talk with SJ other than for leverage.

My guess is he returns to Detriot. Hopefully this doesn’t turn into a Johan Franzen signing part II with Blashill playing the role of Marian Hossa.

Posted by All American in MN on 05/18/15 at 07:47 PM ET

Babs stays, $4.2M / 3 yrs

Posted by Ventr on 05/18/15 at 08:46 PM ET

d ca's avatar

He trying to squeeze a few more dollars out of the Wings…

that’s what done talking to the rest and talking to the Wings tomorrow means to me.

Posted by d ca on 05/18/15 at 09:14 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

I hope he goes.

I get the feeling our guys need some new leadership.  Hell blash has already coached half the existing wings to an all title.  Let him take off the training wheels after the Calder parades are over in downtown GR

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Taylor Tucky Metroplex on 05/18/15 at 11:23 PM ET

Man, all this talk, we never get what we want it seems. These days, I don’t want Babs here anymore, but with our luck, he’ll coach the red wings for another 4 years with Kenny and co. to keep status quo, 29 years in the playoffs!!!!, getting ousted in the first round…..

Posted by Pasha1277 on 05/19/15 at 06:15 AM ET

Bradley97's avatar

So, now that it’s over, thank goodness, I willing admit it: I was wrong.

My parting message for Babcock: Good bye, and good luck. You’re going to need it.  raspberry

Posted by Bradley97 on 05/20/15 at 06:58 PM ET