Willie Mitchell Signing With The Florida Panthers

Filed in: NHL Teams, Florida Panthers, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: willie+mitchell

Comments

Gaaah.  Another signing in the Atlantic Division.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 07/01/14 at 04:01 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Wasn’t he a right stay at home tough guy?  Damn.  Hope Sproul catches on quick

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/01/14 at 04:02 PM ET

Off topic:  HTO, did you check your inbox?  I sent you something.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 07/01/14 at 04:03 PM ET

Paul's avatar

$4.25 AAV for 2 years.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/01/14 at 04:06 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

On my way sir

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/01/14 at 05:28 PM ET

Another good signing by Tallon. Panthers D is better not just because of this signing but mainly from cutting Jovo loose. Some nice work bringing in Jokinen to add scoring Thornton for toughness,  Bolland for depth at center after Barkov and Bjugstad. Even Montoya who will be a thousand times better than Ellis as a back-up. Nice job Tallon!

Posted by Puckbubba on 07/01/14 at 06:34 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

4 million a year sounds like a lot for mitchell considering his age and injury history
he is no longer as effective as he used to be.

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 07/01/14 at 08:19 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero - He is a huge upgrade over Jovo and since I don’t pay the players I am good with it.

Posted by Puckbubba on 07/01/14 at 09:00 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

yah, lol hes an upgrade over jovo, but thats not saying much haha.  Free agency has been insane, guys like richards sign for 2 million, guys like niksanen and orpik signing for 5-6million.

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 07/01/14 at 10:56 PM ET