Video- Radko Gudas Hit On Jimmy Vesey

5 for boarding and a game.

added 8:26pm, video below with replay....

Filed in: NHL Teams, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: jimmy+vesey, radko+gudas

Comments

Paul's avatar

New York Post,

Vesey, the Rangers rookie winger out of Harvard, got pummeled on an ugly hit from Flyers ruffian Radko Gudas late in the first period of the the Blueshirts 4-3 overtime preseason loss Monday night at Wells Fargo Center. Vesey hit his nose on the glass and went to the ice in a heap, but got back up and didn’t miss any time.

He said he wasn’t tested for a concussion because he felt fine, and showed it when he scored his first goal as a Ranger on a third-period power play, coming off a misplay by Philadelphia goalie Steve Mason.

“I thought I had a little more time than that,” Vesey said of the hit. “I didn’t expect that big of a hit. Next thing I knew, I was face-first into the glass. I wasn’t expecting it. Got caught off guard a little bit.”...

sked if he thought it was a safe hit, Vesey smiled.

“No,” he said. “I think the refs made the right call.”

Gudas has inexplicably been suspended only once in his career, when he attacked now-Ranger Mika Zibanejad with a malicious elbow to the head this past season. Gudas even got away with an awful open-ice hit to the head of that concussed then-Ranger forward Viktor Stalberg early last season that was not even a penalty, forget a suspension or fine.

“I’ve seen that hit many times before from that player — I’ll just leave it at that,” coach Alain Vigneault said.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/04/16 at 07:04 AM ET

ilovehomers's avatar

Nice to see Philly fans say, “That’s what you get for choosing New York!” I didn’t even think Philly was in the running.

What a classless bunch they are.

Posted by ilovehomers on 10/04/16 at 07:37 AM ET

TreKronor's avatar

I think vesey put himself in a vulnerable position and there wasn’t enough time for gudas to pull back.

Posted by TreKronor on 10/04/16 at 08:44 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Multiple reports today saying no further discipline for Gudas.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/04/16 at 08:50 AM ET

yeah that’s a tough one. I don’t like Gudas, but this is borderline.

Posted by George0211 on 10/04/16 at 08:57 AM ET

The hit looks bad and is but that is mostly a rookie mistake. You can clearly see Vesey looking Gudas’s way before the hit. He had no business turning himself into that vulnerable position.

Gudas is cheap but this is far from one of his worst.

Posted by evileye on 10/04/16 at 11:49 AM ET