Video- Jani Hakanpaa Gets Five And A Game For Kneeing Drew Doughty

added 10:20pm, longer video is below...

Filed in: NHL Teams, Los Angeles Kings, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Chet's avatar

Woof. No Olympics for him, I’m guessing. That looked as bad as it gets.

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 10/22/21 at 09:29 PM ET

a_k_l's avatar

Not sure if I see it as “kneed”... looks like an accidental knee-on-knee collision to me. Sucks that there was an injury though.

Posted by a_k_l on 10/22/21 at 11:50 PM ET

Not a head injury, but a career-killer just the same.

But this is the DOPS, FFS.  I doubt it’ll be anything more than a fine.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 10/22/21 at 11:51 PM ET

Paul's avatar

LAK had no update and said Doughty will be evaluated today.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/23/21 at 04:47 AM ET

Kaszycki and his Krew's avatar

OUCH

Posted by Kaszycki and his Krew on 10/23/21 at 06:50 AM ET

TreKronor's avatar

First time I watched it I thought it was accidental. But I watched it a few more times, and the second angle on the replay is most important: because you’ll see the Dallas player doesn’t engage his arms like you would load up for a traditional check. He was not looking to make any contact with the upper body.

It was a sneaky hit since he didn’t have to tweak out his leg to make the contact.

Posted by TreKronor on 10/23/21 at 09:35 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Early reports today saying minor knee sprain but more evaluation needed.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/23/21 at 09:56 AM ET

Crazy refs could catch that and not boardings by Logan, Point and Roslcjdheb.  Then again, it’s doughty.  Not some red wing.

Posted by ThatGuy on 10/23/21 at 03:32 PM ET