Vancouver Turf Wars

from Ben Kuzma of the Vancouver Province,

While everybody and everything will be up for review, what shouldn’t be lost in the conversations or the defending of turf — call it the Gillis line in the sand — is how Tortorella suddenly supplanted John Stevens as the front-runner to replace the fired Alain Vigneault. Or how the new coach, who vowed to push a veteran-laden team hard, pushed them over the edge with a defensive-minded system that produced fatigue, a pop-gun offence and that crazy tunnel tirade.

Following his first game back from a six-game suspension, a 2-0 loss in Detroit, Tortorella said: “We need to change the complexion of our hockey club. Either with our play or with different people. Because we look like a slow team. I thought our best forward was David Booth, which is good for him but not good for us.”

Imagine how that was received by players and management? The coach was obviously defending his turf. An injury-riddled roster was testing his motivational mettle because it was going to be a struggle to make the postseason in re-alignment while butting heads in the Pacific Division.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Vancouver Canucks, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Red Winger's avatar

How come when practically every one of use here, plus countless others all over the ‘net, knew this was an idea doomed to failure the brass of the Canucks couldn’t see it also?

That organization is in shambles.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/04/14 at 10:38 AM ET

Chet's avatar

these noah autoplays mean i cannot look at this site anymore. jesus christ.

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 04/04/14 at 11:11 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Chet, if you can give me more details on the ad, I can stop it.

I do not allow autoplay ads but some do sneak by.

A screenshot, url or even letting me know it is a Google ad will help.

Thanks.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/04/14 at 11:12 AM ET

Chet's avatar

anything related to that movie Noah autoplays, loudly, in every tab or window opened, so you actually get 2 or 3 echoing against each other. no good if at office!

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 04/04/14 at 12:18 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Chet, I have blocked a few Noah ads but there may be more but I am not seeing all of them.

Some ads if you roll over with your mouse will start autoplay so you may want to watch that.

Also, if you do see it again, the url would be a big help or a screenshot.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/04/14 at 12:29 PM ET

I’m on Google Chrome with AdBlock.  I’m currently experimenting with Explorer.  I’m not experiencing that problem, but I’ll continue to use IE the rest of the day on KK to see if it happens for me.  What browser are you using, Chet?

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/04/14 at 12:37 PM ET

They can blame Tortorella but he hasn’t had much to work with since he got to Vancouver. They should make him GM couldn’t be worse than Gillis.

Posted by Puckbubba on 04/04/14 at 05:38 PM ET

I’ve been on IE for about three hours now, Boss.  I haven’t gotten any kind of problems as described by Chet.

I’m on Windows 8.1 (64-bit) with IE Version 11.0.9600.16521, if that helps any.  I also have McAfee Site Advisor 3.6.5.135 installed on my IE browser.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/04/14 at 06:34 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks SYF and ads, especially Google are funny.  If you allow them to follow you, they will place relevant ads on websites.

If you allow Google and search for Noah, you can probably bet when you visit KK you will see a Noah ad.

Not saying that is what Chet did, ads can be random too but I did what I just said and saw the Noah ads, but none were autoplay but did basically ban that ad from appearing on KK, just in case.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/04/14 at 06:38 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Chet, I found the ad, which takes you to a site to buy tickets for the movie.

I believe it belongs to Yardbarker network which I use and have sent them an email asking that it be fixed or removed.

Sorry for the issue.