Tyler Johnson Traded To Chicago

added 10:27pm,

Filed in: NHL Teams, Chicago Blackhawks, Tampa Bay Lightning, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

TreKronor's avatar

Seems like a strange trade for the Hawks. They are in a bit of a funny cap juggling act right now.

Posted by TreKronor on 07/28/21 at 01:05 AM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 07/28/21 at 01:15 AM ET

ilovehomers's avatar

I swear there is always something new with the NHL that I never knew before. All of us that come here are more than casual fans…and id like to say I follow the league pretty closely.

This tweet best explains, to me, the cap situation with Tampa Bay.

But I thought LTIR wasn’t used in the off-season? Like they get put back on the active roster until its deemed they cant play once the season starts. Now I learn about off-season LTIR?

Posted by ilovehomers on 07/28/21 at 05:31 AM ET

It seems like Stan Bowman is kind of turning into Kenny Holland 2.0

Posted by exor54 on 07/28/21 at 06:33 AM ET

As of January 2018 Bowman is living in Sarasota, Florida, attending all of the Tampa Bay Lightning home games in his role as the Senior Advisor of Hockey Operations for the Chicago Blackhawks, managed by his son Stan Bowman. Scotty follows the league from Tampa Bay, as he currently isn’t heavily involved with the Blackhawks.

Posted by rickytarr on 07/28/21 at 07:27 AM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

This is not a crazy trade for the Hawks, the 2nd round kicker is a bit light but they could have done worse on the open UFA market this year for sure.

I know the Bolts were so loaded they put Johnson on the 4th line which really gave them mismatches there, but he’s not a 4th liner, and actually I thought he was one of their better players this post season, obviously not at the level of Kucherov and Pointe, etc. etc. but he was all over the Canadians in the finals, I remember him hitting several posts.

The real key to this trade is ME.  I bought a #9 Johnson pro-stock stick this year and LOVE IT, both the stick flex and curve, might be the best one i’ve owned.  Well well #9 is retired in Chicago, so I assume he’ll be getting a new bundle, and my outlet will be selling more of these overstocks at a discount for me this year.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from Window Seat on the Captain's Ship on 07/28/21 at 07:55 AM ET

TreKronor's avatar

I can’t remember the rules, but isn’t it something like, when the season starts your players can’t be on IR but you can be 10% over the cap?  I might be making stuff up.

Posted by TreKronor on 07/28/21 at 09:26 AM ET

BIGFOOT88's avatar

This trade just doesn’t make sense to me….

You’re telling me that the Bolts couldn’t have gotten anything better for Ty Johnson PLUS a 2nd Round pick ????

All they got was some “LTIR Cap Space”  !!!  WTF ??  Am I missing something here ?

So I recently have been celebrating the Hawks getting totally bent over by the Jackets on that Seth Jones trade (and the depressed Hawks fans were in total meltdown).

But now, the P.O.S. Hawks fans have been resurrected by this GREAT deal for Chicago !

And I hate the Hawks more than I have ever hated any team in my lifetime (except Buckeyes)...and this is a total drag !

BIGFOOT