The Tampa Bay Lightning Advance To The Eastern Conference Final

The Lightning have swept the Florida Panthers by defeating the Panthers 2-0 tonight.

Hard to believe Florida scored only 3 goals in the series.

This was the first sweep of Jon Coopers NHL coaching career.

added 10:20pm, Highlights first, handshakes below.

Handshakes

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

ilovehomers's avatar

Wow

Posted by ilovehomers on 05/23/22 at 10:17 PM ET

I’d never believe it.

Congrats to the Bolts.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 05/23/22 at 10:18 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

I figured a sweep after Florida lost their two home games. smile

Posted by bigfrog on 05/23/22 at 10:35 PM ET

Lucce's avatar

Imagine being Joe Choker Thornton in the handshake line again with Perry. What can they say - Im really curious.

- Not Again ?
- First time ?
- Imagine being me ?

Posted by Lucce from Kingdom of Zweden on 05/24/22 at 04:42 AM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

What an absolute choke job, 4 game sweep, 3 goals, wow brutal.

I mean Vaskelski is becoming a god in that net, when flanked by Hedman and McDonaugh and that D-Core my word, with Kucherov up top.  Who stops this team?  They now have a solid week to rest and get healthy too.  Carolina or NYR won’t stop them, can Colorado or will we see a 3 peat?

But back to Florida, frankly they were eliminated in the offseason when they signed the NHL’s black cat, Chumpo Joe Choketon.  Despite that, I thought maybe with the one of the bigger deadline deals getting Claude Giroux, and his performance in Round 1.  As it turns out, Florida actually lost when Quenneville resigned, even though I don’t think he’s a great coach, he’s far better than Brunette, who was way outcoached by Cooper. I don’t know if it was stubbornness, part of me thinks he had no ability to change the game plan.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from Window Seat on the Captain's Ship on 05/24/22 at 09:10 AM ET

it’s all about D isn’t it – scotty’s game.

love how the bolt’s D take opposing forwards completely out, especially against the boards when close to the tampa net. that’s what size will get you.

well done SY.

Posted by rickytarr on 05/24/22 at 12:05 PM ET

Kaszycki and his Krew's avatar

Hi Murray, I agree.  I wonder how it will go down - where you fire an NHL coach of the year finalist in Brunette and bring in Barry Trotz?  I would do it.  Imagine if Trotz had this talent?  I also think there are three or so others who might make a better fit.  DeBoer, Tocchet and one other to be named later would be a better fit (Paul Maurice too)

I mean - Washington outplayed them.  Tampa destroyed them in 4.  I will grant you - Florida was unlucky as well.

Is the strip club story true?  That alone should be a cause of the coach not having a grasp on the team.  I sure would like to know which players decided to do this.  Even if this was just the ‘black aces” it’s so wrong.  Bring the strippers to the summer Cup celebrations but can you imagine Kobe or Stamkos or Yzerman allowing this is he was the captain?

This is a wickedly talented team that should have made a better showing.

Posted by Kaszycki and his Krew on 05/24/22 at 12:48 PM ET