Team USA Unveils New Sweaters Today

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – USA Hockey will reveal the Nike Olympic jersey its teams will wear at the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in an on-ice ceremony today at 11:30 a.m. ET during the public day of the 2013 U.S. Men’s National Team Camp at Kettler Capitals Iceplex in Arlington, Va. The event is sold out.

The ceremony, which will be hosted by the NHL Network's Kathryn Tappen, will be streamed live at USAHockey.com.

All 48 players selected to attend the camp will be introduced during the ceremony. In addition, fans will have the opportunity to hear from Dave Poile, general manager of the 2014 U.S. Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Team; Olympic Head Coach Dan Bylsma and selected players.

If I am able to embed the stream, I will update this post and the video will appear below...

added 11:08am, Doesn't look like I will be able to embed the stream, but here is the direct link...

added 11:36, Found an embed code, watch below if you wish...

added 11:44am, Picture of sweaters added below..

added 12:04pm, The video stream is over and I added some additional information abou the sweater below...

from USAHockey,

The 2014 Nike USA Olympic Hockey Jersey fuses USA Hockey’s rich history and tradition with the performance needs of today’s athletes. Decades of design delivered the inspiration to create a lightweight jersey with distractions removed and range of motion maximized.

The jersey draws inspiration from the pride of competing for Team USA by amplifying the American Flag aesthetic through matte/shine stars on the shoulders and bold striping. The patriotic and inspirational message "Land of the Free, Home of the Brave" can be found on the inside neckline.

The USA Hockey Crest has been enlarged and refined to reflect the 80’s aesthetic, while the right sleeve pays homage to gold medals in 1960 and 1980.

continued

Filed in: Non-NHL Hockey, International Hockey, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: team+usa

Comments

Does the new trend to be “classic” have to be so simple and boring? I like clean lines, but the trend towards minimalist uniforms should stick with the real classics like the Red Wings.  Or maybe the manufacturer’s of these new unis are leaving a lot of extra blank space so that they have room for advertiser logos in the future.

Posted by hockey1919 from mid-atlantic on 08/27/13 at 10:47 AM ET

PS

In defense of the white uni, they at least tried something new without all of the crazy piping that made bibs out of the NHL uniforms.

Posted by hockey1919 from mid-atlantic on 08/27/13 at 10:51 AM ET

It’s actually pretty cool.  I like it.  I wonder why they went with Nike and not Reebok.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 08/27/13 at 11:51 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Ugly.

I for one even hate the retro shield.  The only consolation is that everyone else’s jerseys will probably look ugly as well.

Posted by Primis on 08/27/13 at 11:54 AM ET

NHLJeff's avatar

SYF, Nike has rights to Olympic uniforms I believe.

Posted by NHLJeff from Pens fan in Chicago, IL on 08/27/13 at 12:02 PM ET

Copy that, Jeff.  Thanks.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 08/27/13 at 12:28 PM ET

Thag's avatar

In light of the venue, I think something with rainbow colors would have been appropriate.

Posted by Thag from DC on 08/27/13 at 02:10 PM ET

Hmmm.  I don’t know.  It seems like they tried to mix retro with some new flash, and it doesn’t work for me.

Posted by cantskate on 08/27/13 at 02:16 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I think it’s okay..!!! We can’t expect it to look so awesome good as a Red wings jersey..!! Go Red Wings Go

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 08/27/13 at 04:49 PM ET

I don’t mind them, blue stars on blue is interesting. The retro shield is nice.

Posted by timbits on 08/27/13 at 09:23 PM ET