Sidney Crosby Participated In Practice And Alex Ovechkin Moved To The Third Line

Sidney Crosby participated in practice today.

And Alex Ovechkin has been moved to the third line...

Filed in: NHL Teams, Pittsburgh Penguins, Washington Capitals, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: alex+ovechkin, sidney+crosby

Comments

Paul's avatar

Nick Cotsonika tweet,

Crosby won’t rule out playing tomorrow. Feels good. Trusts the doctors. Important how he feels in the morning.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/05/17 at 12:18 PM ET

ilovehomers's avatar

Welcome back, Crosby.

Is this the beginning of the end for Ovie’s superstar status? I mean, his real superstar status, not perceived.

Posted by ilovehomers on 05/05/17 at 12:31 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by ilovehomers on 05/05/17 at 12:31 PM ET

Probably not.  If he comes out next season and scores 40, nothing changes.

If he scores 30 again though, or worse, then maybe.  After 6 Richards, 3 Harts, etc, what happens in one single season won’t make or break his superstar status.  That includes playoffs.

I also expect he won’t stay on the 3rd line through the game.  He might not even make it out of the first period on that line.

I’m a bit worried about Crosby.  I’m not convinced he’s not pushing himself back early.  That wouldn’t seem wise, and would be very short-sighted of him.  I think people would worry a lot less if it were even a couple extra days.

We’ll see I guess.

Posted by Primis on 05/05/17 at 01:06 PM ET

We’ll see I guess.

Posted by Primis on 05/05/17 at 01:06 PM ET

Glad to see you’ve read the test results, doctor.

Posted by PMP5030 on 05/05/17 at 01:41 PM ET

ilovehomers's avatar

Posted by Primis on 05/05/17 at 01:06 PM ET

Fair assessment.

Posted by PMP5030 on 05/05/17 at 01:41 PM ET

Who urinated in your coffee?

Posted by ilovehomers on 05/05/17 at 01:49 PM ET

duhduhduh's avatar

Posted by Primis on 05/05/17 at 01:06 PM ET

Glad to see you’ve read the test results, doctor.

Pens are up 3-1 in the series.  Why wouldn’t you want to be cautious with the franchise?

Posted by duhduhduh on 05/05/17 at 01:52 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/05/17 at 01:52 PM ET

This is my line of thinking.  PIT is in control, won the last game without him.

Forget PIT being careful with Crosby, or what’s best for the team… why wouldn’t Crosby be careful with Crosby?  Especially since concussion symptoms can come and go.  Waiting a couple extra days might better show he’s actually symptom-free.

Or if you want to go the conspiracy route, there never was a concussion/injury, and this was all an elaborate ruse to see what trouble they could get WAS in.  I’m sure some out there would buy/believe that.

Posted by Primis on 05/05/17 at 02:04 PM ET

If he says he’s fine, he’s fine.  Why question it from the couch?

Posted by PMP5030 on 05/05/17 at 02:04 PM ET

Posted by Primis on 05/05/17 at 02:04 PM ET

Your’e trying to win the stanley cup not a presidential election.  Take your best player out just to try to get a scrub d-man suspended.  If you believe that then why don’t you go buy me a pack of gum and I’ll show you how to chew it.

Posted by PMP5030 on 05/05/17 at 02:07 PM ET

Primis's avatar

If he says he’s fine, he’s fine.  Why question it from the couch?

Posted by PMP5030 on 05/05/17 at 02:04 PM ET

Players are not known for making the best long-term decisions for themselves/their health, and to be blunt the medical community still doesn’t know what they’re doing with concussions, let alone with guys like Crosby with repeat instances.

Posted by PMP5030 on 05/05/17 at 02:07 PM ET

I’ve already seen someone claim that Crosby was actually out last game for a minor/moderate leg injury sustained at the same time and not the concussion, and that the concussion was made up/played up in attempt to gain sympathy knowing Crosby needed out be out anyways for a leg/knee/ankle whatever.

Don’t shoot the messenger.  I don’t question the concussion given Crosby’s history, and also why I’d prefer they err on the side of safety with him.  The cloak-and-dagger nature of playoff injuries here sure doesn’t help curb this wild speculation though.

Posted by Primis on 05/05/17 at 02:20 PM ET

Fair.  Hard to believe a minor/moderate leg injury would keep anyone out right now.

Also,

Scratch “players” and replace with “teams”.

Posted by PMP5030 on 05/05/17 at 02:29 PM ET

shazam88's avatar

Posted by PMP5030 on 05/05/17 at 02:07 PM ET

thank you for shedding some common sense into the thread. i never know what sort of nonsense i’ll stumble upon here theses days

and hey, i’m just reporting it, i’m not claiming it myself, but a lot of people believe that ted cruz’s father was spending time with the pittsburgh trainer (who wasn’t born in the usa according to some other people) before game 3, so there’s that. btw, let’s make it easier to sue the media for lying!

Posted by shazam88 from SoCal on 05/05/17 at 05:16 PM ET