Rich Peverley Collapses During Dallas/Columbus Game

Peverley collapsed in the bench area, can hear a pin drop in Dallas right now.

More information as it becomes available.  Teams now heading to dressing room.

added 9:06pm,

added 9:12pm, Dallas rink announcer updates the crowd with Peberley is conscious and has been taken to the hospital.

added 9:36pm, video of the incident below...

added 9:47pm,

Filed in: NHL Teams, Columbus Blue Jackets, Dallas Stars, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: rich+peverley

Comments

1 2 >       Next »

Paul's avatar

Damn, I am flashing back to Jiri Fischer incident.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/10/14 at 08:02 PM ET

Damn, I am flashing back to Jiri Fischer incident.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/10/14 at 09:02 PM ET

Same here, Boss.  If I recall, the Wings and the Preds played the rest of the game at a later date.  Here’s hoping the right call is made.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/10/14 at 08:05 PM ET

Godspeed to Rich and his family.

perfection's avatar

lindy says he’s gonna be ok

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 03/10/14 at 08:06 PM ET

Tuba Guy's avatar

Waaaay to familiar.

Posted by Tuba Guy from Royal Oak, MI on 03/10/14 at 08:10 PM ET

perfection's avatar

yeah, one of the rare times i decide to watch a non wings nhl game due to our tight playoff race with Columbus… this happens… and it brought me back as well. man, talk about BUZZKILL

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 03/10/14 at 08:12 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Peverley has had cardiac issues in the past… Dallas Morning News

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/10/14 at 08:16 PM ET

perfection's avatar

sounds like Peverley has had a history of heart issues this past year, including irregular beats recently and missed games due to not feeling well. He apparently has a heart monitor on him… he’s thankfully awake and conscious, but you get the feeling that his career is maybe over

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 03/10/14 at 08:18 PM ET

Just last week, he was out due to an upper body injury.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/10/14 at 08:20 PM ET

Paul's avatar

from the Stars…

Rich Peverley collapsed on the bench. He was tended to by medical personnel immediately and was conscious upon being transferred to a local hospital for further evaluation.

The game is delayed at this moment. A decision is being made by the League whether to resume.

Further updates will be available soon

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/10/14 at 08:22 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Game postponed.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/10/14 at 08:23 PM ET

It’s the right call, Boss.

However, neither team play each other again for the rest of the season.  I’m sure they’ll find a hole in both teams’ schedule to fill up and finish the game.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/10/14 at 08:34 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

That’s the right call, prayers are with him and his family .!!!!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 03/10/14 at 08:35 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Video of the incident added to the post.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/10/14 at 08:37 PM ET

RockWestfall711's avatar

In 1971 Chuck Hughes ofLions DIED on field of Tiger Stadiumin 4th Q.  The game went on. Peverley is OK and yet players can’t get over it. #feminization of nation #vagina

Posted by RockWestfall711 from Las Vegas on 03/10/14 at 08:49 PM ET

Paul's avatar

I am sure the Dallas Stars twitter feed will update when available, you can follow here.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/10/14 at 08:51 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Damn, I am flashing back to Jiri Fischer incident.

You and I are both flashing back to th Jiri Fischer incident. I was at the game. It was strange and scary at the same time.

Posted by bigfrog on 03/10/14 at 08:52 PM ET

Posted by RockWestfall711 from Las Vegas on 03/10/14 at 09:49 PM ET

Trollification of the world.

Posted by Garth on 03/10/14 at 09:00 PM ET

RockWestfall711's avatar

Trollification of the world.

Posted by Garth on 03/10/14 at 10:00 PM ET

OK, so you cannot refute the merits of my point…

Posted by RockWestfall711 from Las Vegas on 03/10/14 at 09:06 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

Your post had no merit, or tact. PS - Hashtags do not work on this site.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 03/10/14 at 09:11 PM ET

RockWestfall711's avatar

Trollification of the world.

Posted by Garth on 03/10/14 at 10:00 PM ET

It has plenty of merit. Nobody died, treatment was given, Peverley is conscience and paying fans,including those who came from out of town, are out of a night.  If this was a death, I would understand, but it was not. This culture has been so feminized that even NHL players can no longer “sack up” and move on. PATHETIC!

Posted by RockWestfall711 from Las Vegas on 03/10/14 at 09:16 PM ET

PATHETIC!

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

Posted by Garth on 03/10/14 at 09:19 PM ET

SK77's avatar

PATHETIC!

Posted by RockWestfall711 from Las Vegas on 03/10/14 at 10:16 PM ET

Your posts around here have been lame enough already. This is above and beyond. Just go away.

Posted by SK77 on 03/10/14 at 09:25 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

PATHETIC!

Posted by RockWestfall711 from Las Vegas on 03/10/14 at 10:16 PM ET

You’re right. Your use of hashtags are.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 03/10/14 at 09:32 PM ET

RockWestfall711's avatar

You’re right. Your use of hashtags are.

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 03/10/14 at 10:32 PM ET

The girls here of course don’t understand the # part of my post. Of course I know # isn’t for this.  They miss the point,

And NOBODY has refuted ANY of my “lame” posts.

#victory

Posted by RockWestfall711 from Las Vegas on 03/10/14 at 09:37 PM ET

And NOBODY has refuted ANY of my “lame” posts.

You haven’t made any points.

Why don’t you go be a real man with your bros.  Maybe there are some gay kids you can beat up or something.

Posted by Garth on 03/10/14 at 09:45 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Please keep the comments on topic. Use PM feature if you want or use ignore.  Thanks.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/10/14 at 09:52 PM ET

RockWestfall711's avatar

And NOBODY has refuted ANY of my “lame” posts.

You haven’t made any points.

Posted by Garth on 03/10/14 at 10:45 PM ET

Thanks for proving my point!

Posted by RockWestfall711 from Las Vegas on 03/10/14 at 09:55 PM ET

yes…if only hockey was run with same moral decency as the NFL.

Posted by brians neck on 03/10/14 at 10:51 PM ET

Primis's avatar

“You have chosen to ignore comments from this member.”

Posted by Primis on 03/10/14 at 11:47 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by RockWestfall711 from Las Vegas on 03/10/14 at 09:49 PM ET

You sir are an a-hole.  And if #feminization of nation #vagina rids us of the likes of you… #Afuchingmen.

Posted by calquake on 03/11/14 at 12:09 AM ET

perfection's avatar

seriously…

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 03/11/14 at 12:55 AM ET

Alan's avatar

I’ve been out of it lately, and this was the last thing I expected to find tonight.

I sincerely hope Pevs is alright. He was a favorite of mine here in Atlanta, and I’m hoping everything turns out okay for him.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 03/11/14 at 05:10 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Neat, dude has a sports betting site; no wonder he wanted the game to continue.

Jackass.

On Topic: Man, that’s some scary shit right there… as has been said, Jiri Fischer flashbacks. My Dog, I remember watching that game, seeing him collapse on the bench, then the trainers doing chest compressions.

shudder

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/11/14 at 09:27 AM ET

RockWestfall711's avatar

When you get past the name calling and insults the fact remains that the merits of my points were never refuted.

ON TOPIC=Again, had this been a death situation I would understand cancellation.  It was not.  Thankfully Peverley was conscience as he left the Arena.
It is also an irrefutable fact that few business shut down over an incident like this, like it or not.

I also know that if I suffer such an incident today, business continues and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Posted by RockWestfall711 from Las Vegas on 03/11/14 at 10:08 AM ET

LivinLaVidaLockout's avatar

And you are obviously not in business with the NHL, which has the freedom to shut down its business when it pleases.

But maybe you should be working for Mr. Shanahan - if the player is not seriously injured on a dangerous/ill-considered play, the offending player receives no punishment!

Posted by LivinLaVidaLockout on 03/11/14 at 10:27 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Thankfully Peverley was conscience as he left the Arena.

More than likely he was conscious.
Consience seems to be missing.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/11/14 at 10:41 AM ET

SK77's avatar

How can there be refutation when there’s no merit?

Posted by RockWestfall711 from Las Vegas on 03/11/14 at 11:08 AM ET

Newsflash: this isn’t about you.

Posted by SK77 on 03/11/14 at 10:47 AM ET

hockeychic's avatar

I heard about this last night and just flashed back to Jiri Fischer.  So scary.

Glad that Rich is o.k.  That’s all that matters.  The rest is just a game.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 03/11/14 at 12:31 PM ET

#feminization of nation #vagina

Kettle black much? Easily could have stated the game could have gone on once it was determined that he was okay and that is a valid opinion.  I am sure there have been instances where players were hurt far worse and the game carried on. Again a valid pont, but what does a vagina do to me that makes me want to cancel a hockey game?

Posted by hockey1919 from mid-atlantic on 03/11/14 at 12:57 PM ET