People Don’t Like The Choice Of Socks By Max Domi

from PostMedia Network,

Former Toronto Maple Leafs enforcer Tie Domi tweeted a photo Wednesday of his NHLer son, Max, showing off star-spangled Donald Trump socks with the caption, "Game day socks. Make America Great again."

"My son @max_domi wore these socks yesterday and he is [Canadian]. @realDonaldTrump won & so did @ArizonaCoyotes," the 47-year-old hockey vet typed alongside the image.

It didn't take long for the backlash on Twitter to begin, with fans expressing their anger at what they interpreted as Domi family support for controversial president-elect Donald Trump.

"The Domi family lost a lot of respect with this," tweeted Nick Richard.

"I've been a fan of yours since I was old enough to understand hockey. This makes me sick," added Emiley MacKinnon.

read on and it includes the original tweet with comments

Filed in: NHL Teams, d, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: max+domi

Comments

WingedRider's avatar

controversial president-elect Donald Trump.

Only controversial to the minority of Voters, I think that is how Democracy works. I think the loser was a bit controversial also.

I know nothing about politics in the USA, thankfully. But leave Hockey and the Kid out of your tears.

Posted by WingedRider from Saskatoon, SK on 11/10/16 at 01:03 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Headline should read “Some People Need Lives”.

If *that* is the most-important thing for some people in their day, maybe *that* says far more about the country than anything in the election, politics, etc…

Posted by Primis on 11/10/16 at 07:47 AM ET

agree with both of you.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 11/10/16 at 07:51 AM ET

TreKronor's avatar

“I’ve been a fan of yours since I was old enough to understand hockey. This makes me sick,”

Yes, no one should have any personality, preferences, or feelings.

This is big news though in a sport where players and coaches bark out the same lines in every interview before and every game.

Posted by TreKronor on 11/10/16 at 09:15 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Not that it bothers me, because Domi has just as much right to make any statement he wants, however you’re wrong:

The majority of voters might think it was controversial. Electoral College vote does not equal Popular Vote.

I know nothing about politics in the USA…

Posted by WingedRider from Saskatoon, SK on 11/10/16 at 01:03 AM ET

Then why even comment?

Posted by RedMenace from Luke Witkowski's Beard on 11/10/16 at 09:54 AM ET

Absolutely, Domi has a right to express his opinion about US elections.
But, since he posts his opinion on the social network, he should expect that other people have a right to agree or disagree with that opinion.

Posted by wings8 on 11/10/16 at 12:36 PM ET

WingedRider's avatar

Then why even comment?

Posted by RedMenace from The Steve Ott Fan Club on 11/10/16 at 09:54 AM ET

I love HOCKEY at ALL levels. No harm learning new things RIGHT????

Posted by WingedRider from Saskatoon, SK on 11/10/16 at 12:42 PM ET