Morning Line- Mike Sielski

Terrific. Not only were the stunt’s masterminds classless, they were unoriginal. Understand: The prank wasn’t necessarily a reflection on the Flyers or even most of their followers. But it was a reflection on plenty of them, and it was stupid and sophomoric, another validation of the worst stereotypes of Philadelphia sports fans, the kind of thing that a high school meathead finds funny but that comes off to any mature person as pathetic.

-Mike Sielski of Philly.com on pictures of Sidney Crosby left in the urinals.  More on the Flyers/Penguins series.

Below, highlights of the Pens 5-1 over the Flyers.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

At some point, you’d have to imagine the fans would start cheering for their team instead of against a guy that habitually tortures them on the score sheet.  You have to go back six years to the last time the flyers contained Crosby in Philly.

Posted by PMP5030 on 04/16/18 at 07:02 AM ET

Primis's avatar

I mean, if this is the worst thing Philly fans are doing, can’t we all just call it a win?

They do so much worse, so often.

Posted by Primis on 04/16/18 at 08:50 AM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

How bout a photo or two of said urinals… grin

Posted by Down River Dan on 04/16/18 at 08:51 AM ET

Paul's avatar

There is one in the link DRD.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/16/18 at 08:52 AM ET

shazam88's avatar

Meh, Primis is right. For Philly fans? Come on. Violence and mayhem are what comes to mind, mostly.

Also, have to say that pics of Corey Perry or occasionally Getz, would usually be placed in urinals at Staples when they were playing the Kings. Now that I think about it, it could have even been an inside job because they’d be all over the place, including the restrooms in the
luxury box area. Not classy but hey, what are you going to do when you have to take a leak…

Posted by shazam88 from SoCal on 04/16/18 at 01:16 PM ET

I guess it’s just me, but I heard about it chuckled and moved on. I already forgot about it until I saw the article. Not everything needs some grandstanding of being offended. I could have easily seen this happening to Roy pictures during the height of the Avs & Wings rivalry.

Watch out Calvin you’re next lol

Posted by RussianRocket10 on 04/16/18 at 07:02 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

I’m sure this goes on in many cities. Some players like Crosby are just hated by other teams fans. Harmless. surprised

Posted by bigfrog on 04/16/18 at 10:06 PM ET