Hockey Night In Canada Talks Ducks/Wings

The HNIC panel takes a look at the Ducks/Wings series and makes some predictions.

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Zqto's avatar

Everyone predicting Ducks win
Ducks players whine about they not getting enough respect

Logic, where are you hiding, please?

“experts” again predicting the fall of the Wings… Who could have guessed?
And their best excuse this time is “Oh, they are playing great, so they wont be able to continue this into the playoffs! They will get exhausted!”

THE HATE!!! Let’s hope our players can feel it too, and feed from it

All I can say is, 16 to 12!

Posted by Zqto on 04/30/13 at 12:13 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by Zqto on 04/30/13 at 12:13 PM ET

I actually didn’t mind what Friedman said.  I don’t care if people say the Ducks are better, maybe they are.  What I have been annoyed with is that so much of the press (ESPN in particular) are trotting out the same tired line about the Wings being too small.  The Euro twins & co. have shown time and again that they are up to the task against any opponent.  Can they get some credit?  Am I really supposed to believe that two goons on Anaheim are going to scare the wings off the ice?  Give me a break.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/30/13 at 12:25 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Getting upset about what the talking heads say is a huge waste of energy. After all the hoopla about how the Legion of Doom was going to obliterate the Wings with their size and physical play in ‘97 I’ve learned to not pay attention. It works.

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 04/30/13 at 01:25 PM ET

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 04/30/13 at 01:25 PM ET

The absolute genius of one Scotty Bowman putting The Grind Line and Lidstrom and Murphy up against the biggest line in NHL history will forever be in my mind as one of the greatest tactical moves ever.  Really, it was pure genius.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/30/13 at 02:33 PM ET

And the DuhUcks can suck it.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/30/13 at 02:34 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

Bezukov, I think the point isnt even that, anymore
People are forgetting how BIGGER our D is, with the new guys…

Ericsson has been using his size way better… Smith not so much, but he plays smarter than most.  Kindl has been VERY tough when defending, and Dekeyser looks like a horse, too…
Kronwall actually looks small in our D, right now, and everyone knows you gottta keep your head up when he’s on the ice…

The only D we have that I think can actually be thrown around is Quincey, and we still have Lashoff if anyone gets injured

Anyway… Our forwards are small, as the always were, but they have never shied away from contact before, mostly, and I dont see why they would now… Our D has improved ridiculously from last year..

IM PUMPED!!! DAMN, START THE GAME ALREADY!!

Posted by Zqto on 04/30/13 at 03:41 PM ET