Health Update On Patrick Eaves

via the Anaheim Ducks,

Ducks right wing Patrick Eaves is currently resting comfortably in stable condition at Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach after being diagnosed with what is suspected to be Guillain-Barré syndrome, a disorder in which the body's immune system attacks the peripheral nervous system. After feeling symptoms of weakness, Eaves visited specialists Dr. Robert Watkins Sr. and Dr. Danny Benmoshe last week, which later led to Eaves being diagnosed and admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at the hospital. Eaves’ condition stabilized over the weekend and he was transferred out of the ICU.

Eaves is expected to make a full recovery.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Anaheim Ducks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: patrick+eaves

Comments

stonehands-78's avatar

hoping the best for patty

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/23/17 at 07:19 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Damn, the only other time of heard of that was on an episode of House MD.

Posted by Hootinani from the parade following Babs out of town on 10/23/17 at 07:41 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

It’s not been an easy career for Patty. Always kinda liked him…

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 10/23/17 at 08:23 PM ET

DocF's avatar

Wow, that is a difficult disease for an athlete.  Eaves has always been a good teammate and is in need of our thoughts and prayers now.

Posted by DocF from Now: Lynn Haven, FL; was Reidsville, NC on 10/23/17 at 09:09 PM ET

I’m especially glad now Eaves had a career year and got paid.

It goes to show that sometimes even those blessed with the most have their own trials.

I always liked Eaves on the Wings, too.

Hopefully he can continue to play and be successful, but if not, I hope he is at least set
for life and can at minimum manage this condition successfully. For all the awful bloated deals
that end up paying a guy vast amounts for not playing, there are more where guys have
given all they can physically in good faith and need the guaranteed money, due to careers
that didn’t last long but left their bodies beaten up for life.

Posted by Lefty30 on 10/24/17 at 12:15 AM ET

dougie's avatar

Always kinda liked him…

Yeah, me too. Even before he was a Wing, I saw a lot of him in Carolina. He was a fan favorite in Raleigh.
It’s strange the things life throws your way. I have a 27 yo fellow working in my shop just diagnosed with MS,  2 weeks after he finished all his technical training. Here I sit, north side of 60, never had a stitch, or a broken bone. Obviously, I never played hockey.

Posted by dougie on 10/24/17 at 06:10 AM ET

Primis's avatar

It’s not been an easy career for Patty. Always kinda liked him…

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 10/23/17 at 09:23 PM ET

Yeah he plays hard and is a good pro.  Not a problem guy or player.  Yet it’s almost like he’s punished.

It seems incredibly crappy of life that his career gets setback after setback while others go through their career causing nothing but problems and controversy while making huge bucks and never having to suffer consequences for it.

Posted by Primis on 10/24/17 at 07:01 AM ET