Habs Or Bruins?

Just to add a little flavor to the question...

from Dave Stubbs of the Montreal Gazette,

If anything, the home team might have to adjust its sandpaper game on Wednesday and perhaps play, as best it can, a smoother, swifter style, that being the Canadiens’ calling card.

One penalty, dumb or otherwise, could spell the difference between advancing to the Eastern final or packing up for the summer.

“Both teams are in that situation,” Prust suggested. “We’re an in-your-face team as well. We’ve got to be careful with penalties. We’re not worried about what they’re going to be doing or what they’ll be bringing. It’s all about us in this dressing room and what we’re all going to do to bring the same kind of performance we brought (Monday) night.”

So who do you think will win?  I've stated Montreal will some how pull out a close victory  but that's from my heart, not my head...

Filed in: NHL Teams, Boston Bruins, Montreal Canadiens, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Man… I’m with you, Paul… I give the Habs an edge but that’s a heart decision.

I do think MTL carries the momentum heading into tonight but this one is just too close to call.  I’d be a lot of money on a serious goalie battle tonight and a great game overall.  Can’t wait!

So I’m going MTL with Price and Subban having another great game.  I think Danny Briere shows up in a big way tonight too.

Posted by rklpro on 05/14/14 at 12:22 PM ET

JBytes's avatar

Boston look rattled and flustered in their last match.  They better not take any penalties because Subban will make them pay.  As much as I despise him, the kid is simply scary with his point shot; and he seems to thrive in hostile environments.  I see Montréal going through, easily.

Posted by JBytes on 05/14/14 at 12:37 PM ET

The Bruins pay for their arrogance, as Montreal takes game 7, 3-1.

Posted by JustMatt on 05/14/14 at 01:08 PM ET

Well my pre-playoff prediction was the Habs over the Blackhawks in 7 for the cup, so Habs win tonight, natch. In overtime. Subban with the winner, taking it all away from them.

Posted by Moose Moss on 05/14/14 at 01:27 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

The Habs have been impressive in most of this series, but this is one of the few times home ice really is an advantage, and I like the fact Boston has been deep into the playoffs the last few years - they know where to find that next gear.

Boston 3 Habs 2

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/14/14 at 02:40 PM ET

Rask will be the difference in this one…Bruins 4-0.

Posted by godblender on 05/14/14 at 02:47 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Bruins win, I cry.  I think they’ll step up when it matters, but I sure hope MTL can win this.

Posted by TreKronor on 05/14/14 at 04:19 PM ET