Broadcast Coverage For UFA Day In The US

NEW YORK – NHL Network-U.S. will deliver seven hours of analysis of the opening of free agency on Tuesday, July 1 (12:00 p.m. ET), with streaming live coverage of Sportsnet's HOCKEY CENTRAL Signing Season, starting at 11:00 a.m. ET. This marks the first time Sportsnet's coverage will be available to viewers in the U.S., following the landmark Canadian rights deal between the National Hockey League and Rogers.

NHL Network-U.S. and Sportsnet 360 will chronicle the free-agency frenzy with HOCKEY CENTRAL Signing Season hosted by Daren Millard, Jeff Marek and Christine Simpson and featuring panelists and hockey insiders Nick Kypreos, Damien Cox, Elliotte Friedman, Doug MacLean, John Shannon, Scott Morrison, Chris Johnston, Greg Millen, Darren Pang and Billy Jaffe. The show will bring viewers the most up-to-date information on signings and trades as well as analysis of all 30 NHL® teams.

NHL.com will have full coverage of the opening of the free-agency period, including position-by-position analysis of the market, the official list of available free agents, news and notes on all of the major signings, and more. Steve Mears and E.J. Hradek of NHL Network™ will provide video reaction as news develops throughout the day, followed by a live, online wrap-up show at 5:00 p.m. ET. In addition, U.S. viewers will be able to watch HOCKEY CENTRAL Signing Season on NHL.com from 12:00 – 6:00 p.m. ET.

Filed in: NHL Media, Hockey Broadcasting, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Since I only get the NHL Network as part of my Center Ice package with DirecTV the NHL Network is blacked out for the summer so not all of us in the U.S. will get it.

Posted by Puckbubba on 06/30/14 at 03:28 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Sorry to hear that P.  I have Directv too but also have the sports package, so that could be the reason why I still get it.

99% sure I will have an embed of it running tomorrow on KK.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 06/30/14 at 03:29 PM ET

I have the sports package for regional sports networks too but I have a lower priced package at $49.00 which does not include the NHL Network as well as a lot of channels that I don’t care about. They give me NHL Network during season so I am good with what I get for what I pay, too a degree. Would prefer ala carte. I do pay extra for HD plus, Showtime and Sports Pack so it moves up to about $90/month but with channels I watch instead of a lot I don’t watch.

Posted by Puckbubba on 06/30/14 at 03:36 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Understood P.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 06/30/14 at 03:38 PM ET

NHLJeff's avatar

I’ll miss TSN on NHLNet. Any chance they’re streaming in the US this year?

Posted by NHLJeff from Pens fan in Chicago, IL on 06/30/14 at 04:24 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Nope NHLJ, but I am sure there will be some not so legal streams out there.

And I agree, they will be missed.

I am hoping with the addition of Friedman, things may improve at Sportsnet.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 06/30/14 at 04:28 PM ET

Slumpy's avatar

TSN coverage I like the best but Friedman will help and HNIC Sirius radio has stunk since Jeff Marek (left? or fired?) and went to work for Sportnet.

Posted by Slumpy from Detroit on 06/30/14 at 06:03 PM ET