Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Paul on 10/20/12 at 01:44 PM ET
As can be the case at times, the Russian language can be hard to translate but I think you will get most of the conversation...
from Sport Express,
- Kovalchuk said NHL commissioner Gary Bettmen - a man who loves to show off, right?
- Of course. All heads of leagues in which there is a struggle between the club owners and the union want to distance ourselves from the conflict and associated backlash and pressure from the outside. But when you go to the press and said that the proposal is great, you need to understand - what you say. Who is it good? For Bettmena? Or for club bosses? When you give a new offer, it must involve some movement forward. But now there is no movement forward.
- What do you think the players are ready to make concessions?
- I do not understand with a fright, we have to agree to reduce the already signed contracts, which the owners themselves, and we were given. And even in this mezhseozne. The same Parise, Webber, Suter. Who are we kidding? It turns themselves. That's why the lockout and on.
- Do you think that if much will cut contracts, NHL players will be able to remain purely legal in Russia?
- I think it is possible. We have signed some contracts that are now going to be cut.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org