All Eyes On Montreal/Boston Tonight

from TSN,

It's spring - and with the new season it's time to break out the bleu, blanc et rouge and the black and gold. For the 34th time, the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins meet in postseason play as the age-old rivals face off tonight in Game 1 of their Eastern Conference second round series at TD Garden.

While Montreal has won 24 series between both clubs, the Bruins have won seven of the last 11, including the last two.

"I knew that part of playing for the Montreal Canadiens is there were rivalries and a lot of history," said Montreal blueliner P.K. Subban this week. "At the end of the day, we'll probably talk about it for the next three or four days but once the puck drops, it doesn't matter what rivalry or history there is.

"It's just a matter of winning. Then, after the game, we'll talk abut history and whatever."

continued

Filed in: NHL Teams, Boston Bruins, Montreal Canadiens, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

TreKronor's avatar

Should be a great matchup.

Posted by TreKronor on 05/01/14 at 12:33 PM ET

It seems like a month ago that the Habs last played a game.  I am excited to see this series.  Hopefully the Hab’s speedier wingers can do some damage against Chara.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 05/01/14 at 01:19 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

“Club de Hockey Canadien.” My second.

I know I have said this many time before, as a child my Uncle nicknamed me Jean Belliveau. He was obviously a Montreal fan, but, he is the one responsible for my love of Hockey.

Lets Go Canadians!!!!!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/01/14 at 03:58 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/01/14 at 03:58 PM ET

I appreciate your upbringings, and rarely do I disagree with you, but I hope no Canadian team touches the Cup again in my lifetime, and that goes double for those Frenchies raspberry

Although with all the craft beer Ive been drinking lately, those teams might not have to wait very long.

Posted by Hootinani on 05/01/14 at 04:30 PM ET

gowings's avatar

Posted by Hootinani on 05/01/14 at 04:30 PM ET

Assuming you make an exception to this Frenchie Wing fan smile

Posted by gowings from MTL on 05/01/14 at 05:56 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Assuming you make an exception to this Frenchie Wing fan

Posted by gowings from MTL on 05/01/14 at 05:56 PM ET

but of course, you can touch the Cup all you want

Posted by Hootinani on 05/01/14 at 06:37 PM ET