Your First Round Picks For The Stanley Cup Playoffs

note- original post was 11:33pm on 5/13/21

Raise your hand if you thought we would not be seeing the playoffs until April, 2022.

You have until Saturday at 7pm ET to get your picks in.

For the first timers, I make it very easy for you to pick the winner, just copy and paste the teams involved in each series, make your pick and if you'd like, tell us how many games each series will last.  Extra credit if you want to name the team who will win the Cup.

My plans, I will be putting up an open post every day a game(s) is scheduled right through the SCF.

Of course, I will be doing what I do on a regular basis to keep all of you informed about our great game.

First round matchups are below.

East

#1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #4 New York Islanders

#2 Washington Capitals vs. #3 Boston Bruins

Central

#1 Carolina Hurricanes vs. #4 Nashville Predators

#2 Florida Panthers vs. #3 Tampa Bay Lightning

North

#1 Toronto Maple Leafs vs. #4 Montreal Canadiens

#2 Edmonton Oilers vs. #3 Winnipeg Jets

West

#1 Colorado Avalanche vs. #4 St. Louis Blues

#2 Vegas Golden Knights vs. #3 Minnesota Wild

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

I am not going to keep this post at the top of KK, but I will move it to the top if it starts fading off the homepage.

I’m going 8 out 8…

East

#1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #4 New York Islanders NYI in 6

#2 Washington Capitals vs. #3 Boston Bruins Bruins in 7

Central

#1 Carolina Hurricanes vs. #4 Nashville Predators Canes in 5

#2 Florida Panthers vs. #3 Tampa Bay Lightning TBL in 6

North

#1 Toronto Maple Leafs vs. #4 Montreal Canadiens TML in 6

#2 Edmonton Oilers vs. #3 Winnipeg Jets McDavidton in 5

West

#1 Colorado Avalanche vs. #4 St. Louis Blues Blues in 7

#2 Vegas Golden Knights vs. #3 Minnesota Wild VGK in 7

TBL goes back to back to raise the Cup again.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/13/21 at 11:56 PM ET

East

#1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #4 New York Islanders (NYI 7 games)

#2 Washington Capitals vs. #3 Boston Bruins (WAS 7 games)

Central

#1 Carolina Hurricanes vs. #4 Nashville Predators (NSH 6 games)

#2 Florida Panthers vs. #3 Tampa Bay Lightning (TBL 5 games)

North

#1 Toronto Maple Leafs vs. #4 Montreal Canadiens (MTL 4 games)

#2 Edmonton Oilers vs. #3 Winnipeg Jets (WPG 7 games)

West

#1 Colorado Avalanche vs. #4 St. Louis Blues (COL 7 games)

#2 Vegas Golden Knights vs. #3 Minnesota Wild (VGK 6 games)

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 05/14/21 at 12:01 AM ET

Thag's avatar

TOR in 4
EDM in 6
COL in 5
VGK in 6

Posted by ilovehomers on 05/14/21 at 12:02 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

I’ll be making my selections based on my in depth knowledge of Gary’s NHL and whether I hate one or both teams involved in each matchup.

#1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #4 New York Islanders: Islanders in 4.  All games go to OT. Each successive loss will create a higher degree of pain in Pittsburgh, which they dearly deserve.

#2 Washington Capitals vs. #3 Boston Bruins: Boston in 7.  Mantha floats consistently. There will be multiple live cut-ins to Steve Yzerman who will say nothing, but stare blandly into the camera.

Central

#1 Carolina Hurricanes vs. #4 Nashville Predators.  Carolina in 6. Everyone’s darling (Nashville) loses again. Questions arise, again, in Gary’s hockey hotbed.

#2 Florida Panthers vs. #3 Tampa Bay Lightning: Florida in 7. Best series of the playoffs.

North

#1 Toronto Maple Leafs vs. #4 Montreal Canadiens: Montreal in 4 because F Toronto.

#2 Edmonton Oilers vs. #3 Winnipeg Jets: Edmonton in 5. Short lived joy in Canada.

West

#1 Colorado Avalanche vs. #4 St. Louis Blues: Well, well. What a shitshow of emotions for me. I refuse to pick this series and I don’t care if it costs me whatever prize Paul is offering. I won’t do it. I will not assign my name to either one of these pisspot franchises under the umbrella of success. No. F them both. Next.

#2 Vegas Golden Knights vs. #3 Minnesota Wild: Vegas in 4. The Walnut Grove curse is sustained.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 05/14/21 at 01:25 PM ET

I have Vegas and the isles, everyone else should lose as fast as possible.

Posted by Ventr on 05/14/21 at 01:36 PM ET

Edm in 6

West

Col in 6

VGK in 5

Posted by NHLJeff from Pens fan in Denver on 05/14/21 at 02:06 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

The only series I care about is Caps vs Bruins, and (as much as I hate Marchand) I want the Bruins to take the Caps out in four. No overtime. No drama. Just four loses as quickly as possible. I want that Caps first-rounder be in the #17-#19 range.

Mantha floats consistently.

That’s a foregone conclusion.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 05/14/21 at 03:21 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

I want that Caps first-rounder be in the #17-#19 range.

I wasn’t even thinking about the draft pick, OTC. Good call.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 05/14/21 at 03:24 PM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

#1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #4 New York Islanders

#2 Washington Capitals vs. #3 Boston Bruins

#1 Carolina Hurricanes vs. #4 Nashville Predators

#2 Florida Panthers vs. #3 Tampa Bay Lightning

#1 Toronto Maple Leafs vs. #4 Montreal Canadiens

#2 Edmonton Oilers vs. #3 Winnipeg Jets

#1 Colorado Avalanche vs. #4 St. Louis Blues

#2 Vegas Golden Knights vs. #3 Minnesota Wild

Posted by MurrayChadwick from YzerHolland2.0's pixie dust fueled bandwagon on 05/14/21 at 04:37 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Leafs in 6

Jets and Edmonton is a toss up. Game 7

Avs in 6

Vegas in 6

Islanders in 7 if they can bring extra scoring t o their game.

Capitals in 7 if they get goaltending but I would rather they lose to OTC’s point.

Canes in 6

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 05/14/21 at 06:29 PM ET

Pittsburgh in 6
Washington in 6
Carolina in 4
Tampa in 5
Montreal in 7
Edmonton in 7
Colorado in 6
Vegas in 6

Posted by beantownredwings on 05/14/21 at 06:48 PM ET

jhpcarrier97's avatar

East

#1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #4 New York Islanders (Pitt in 5)

#2 Washington Capitals vs. #3 Boston Bruins (WAS in 7)

Central

#1 Carolina Hurricanes vs. #4 Nashville Predators (Car in 5 games)

#2 Florida Panthers vs. #3 Tampa Bay Lightning (TBL 7 games)

North

#1 Toronto Maple Leafs vs. #4 Montreal Canadiens (Tor 6 games)

#2 Edmonton Oilers vs. #3 Winnipeg Jets (Edm in 5 games)

West

#1 Colorado Avalanche vs. #4 St. Louis Blues (COL 5 games)

#2 Vegas Golden Knights vs. #3 Minnesota Wild (VGK 6 games)

Four divisions   East - Washington and Tampa Bay West - Vegas and Edmonton

Habs in 7
Oilers in 5
Avs in 5
Knights in 5

Posted by Moose Moss on 05/15/21 at 12:50 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

I did so badly last year I should bet against my picks this year.

East

#1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #4 New York Islanders in 6

#2 Washington Capitals vs. #3 Boston Bruins in 6

Central

#1 Carolina Hurricanes vs. #4 Nashville Predators in 7

#2 Florida Panthers vs. #3 Tampa Bay Lightning in 6

North

#1 Toronto Maple Leafs vs. #4 Montreal Canadiens in 5

#2 Edmonton Oilers vs. #3 Winnipeg Jets in 6

West

#1 Colorado Avalanche vs. #4 St. Louis Blues in 6

#2 Vegas Golden Knights vs. #3 Minnesota Wild in 5

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 05/15/21 at 04:45 PM ET