Video- Duncan Keith Suspended Six Games

Patrick Burke explains...

Filed in: NHL Teams, Chicago Blackhawks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: duncan+keith

Comments

shazam88's avatar

yay

dirty dirty team

Posted by shazam88 from SoCal on 04/01/16 at 07:13 PM ET

Primis's avatar

CHI has only 5 season games left, so it means he misses Game 1.

I’m incredibly surprised.  I really am.

Posted by Primis on 04/01/16 at 07:14 PM ET

I still think 7 or 8 games at the very least would have been way more appropriate given Keith’s history.  Making it 6 games seems to me like the nhl was thinking “see, we do care about player safety….he’s going to miss a playoff game”, as opposed to just making Keith sit out only the last 5 regular season games which likely would have created a lot of vocal backlash.

To me Keith got off light given he’s now intentionally swung his stick at someone’s head in retaliation twice in the past 3 years, connecting both times.  Typical NHL fail in my opinion.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/01/16 at 07:29 PM ET

Good job on the NHL for tacking on one token “see, we suspend stars in the playoffs too” game.

Posted by Garth on 04/01/16 at 07:54 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

C’mon guys, it’s Keith.  Duncan Keith.  The Duncan Keith.  Good ol’ Dunc.  I think 1 game would have been more than enough.  Me and Coley and Pronger think it was a dive.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 04/01/16 at 08:36 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar