Video- A Late Scrum Between The New Jersey Devils And Vegas Golden Knights

via Sportsnet's YouTube page,

With 15 seconds left in the third period, Mason Geertsen goes after Alex Pietrangelo and a huge scrum ensues between the New Jersey Devils and Vegas Golden Knights.

Geertsen and Pietrangelo along with Robin Lehner received misconducts.

Filed in: NHL Teams, New Jersey Devils, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: vegas+golden+knights

Comments

Never have been able to stand this Golden Knights team.

Never seem to be that honest physically.
Reeves was one thing. He’s a pure enforcer who made some very borderline hits at best. But some of the star players in Vegas seem to have this weirdly
entitled mentality that they can be as cheap as they want to be.

Weird headline to me.

Posted by lefty.30 on 12/17/21 at 12:09 PM ET

Lehner is too mentally unstable to play this game. He’s gotta go.

Posted by beantownredwings on 12/17/21 at 12:35 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Lehner is too mentally unstable to play this game. He’s gotta go.

Posted by beantownredwings on 12/17/21 at 11:35 AM ET

Or maybe you’re just too much of an assclown who feels like you have to break down someone else with mental health issues so you can feel better about your own shitty *#$%@& existence?

Think before you type, you *#$%@& ball-sucking mouth-breather.

Don’t bother responding, you’re ignored.

Posted by RedMenace from A Tormented Hellscape on 12/17/21 at 04:25 PM ET

Talk about mentally unstable.

I trust Paul will be removing this person like he has said he would many times.

Posted by beantownredwings on 12/17/21 at 04:32 PM ET

Paul's avatar

beantown…. there is no reason to remove him, he expressed his opinion, did not direct it at any member.

Some people are not happy with the comment but he did not call out any member or direct anything towards a member.

Disagreeing with what he said is fine.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/17/21 at 04:37 PM ET

How could you possibly say he didn’t call anybody out? Maybe you missed his comment?

Think before you type, you *#$%@& ball-sucking mouth-breather.

I’ve been following this page for 12 years and pretty disappointed to see what kind of cesspool it’s been allowed to turn into. Such a shame.

Posted by beantownredwings on 12/17/21 at 04:40 PM ET

Paul's avatar

I was referring to the comment from lefty and just now reading the comment from RedMenace.

I agree he went overboard and I will deal with it.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/17/21 at 04:43 PM ET

Didn’t mean to start something
by making a totally subjective comment about
team I don’t like.

Never actually had Lehner in mind.
Though certainly he shouldn’t have ever
swung his stick.

More Pietrango and Pacioretty etc
and I honestly I just don’t care for that team.
I can’t even fully explain why, lol.

I was reacting to what I saw on the video and the Sportsnet
headline which made it seem like one team one-sidedly sparked a brawl.

I’ve vented and reacted on this site before, too.
There are more important things in life than taking offense
about sports or even issues related to athletes. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, all, whichever present, coming, or recently past ones you cherish.

Posted by lefty.30 on 12/17/21 at 05:27 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks lefty 30.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/17/21 at 05:29 PM ET

SauceBoss's avatar

“Devils instigate” ? More like Devils retaliate after dirty crosscheck by Pietrangelo. Starts throwing punches only because his teammate had him held down. That was a b*tch move

Posted by beantownredwings on 12/17/21 at 03:32 PM ET

Wtf are you even talking about? Because a hockey player is acting like a hockey player you think he’s mentally unfit? Get outta here

Posted by SauceBoss on 12/17/21 at 06:29 PM ET

german_wing's avatar

I know I don’t comment much on here.

But I really have to say beantownredwings’ first comment was more than out of place.
Seriously? You’re saying a person with mental health issues has no place in the game?
I hope you’re aware of Lehner’s disease (bipolar disorder) and him opening up, getting treatment, getting better and thus being able to be the awesome goalie that he can be?
Not too long ago there were PK members sharing their issues with us, and while it was related to concussion symptoms and the aftermath, it was related to mental health.

He’s an impulsive person, yes. He’s also damn good at his job if you let him do it. And he’s also a player I wouldn’t want to f**k with. You instigate a brawl, you have a problem. I recall all those “Would you have Brad Marchand on your team” posts, and while I wouldn’t (because we have no Patrice Bergeron to make him great), I would take Lehner anytime.

So ... when talking about Goalies losing it, did Hextall, Billy Smith, Belfour, Hasek, Roy (!) also gotta go? Those actions sure seemed quite mentally unstable either.

Finally, after posting your initial thoughts and getting a heated response - quit whining and bit**ing about it. You instigated that with your first hurtful, thoughtless and personal comment.
And to get personal: Just shows nothing ever good comes out of freaking Beantown.
Cheers from Germany.

Posted by german_wing from Frankfurt, Germany on 12/17/21 at 08:13 PM ET

You’re saying a person with mental health issues has no place in the game?

Nope. I’m saying someone who doesn’t have them under control and starts swinging his stick around and looking for a fight without provocation needs to be tossed from
The game. And guess what… HE WAS TOSSED FROM
THE GAME.

If you’re going to be impulsive in public display and swinging a stick around looking for a fight for no reason you need to step back and address your mental health issues because clearly they aren’t being addressed appropriately.

Posted by beantownredwings on 12/18/21 at 03:17 PM ET