Afternoon Line- On Gordie Howe

Filed in: NHL Talk, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: gordie+howe

Comments

Tony Perkis's avatar

confused shut eye  blank stare

Posted by Tony Perkis from Drinking at Robert's Lounge with Billy Batts on 11/14/14 at 03:40 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

“this is his final shift of the 3rd period”

Well, I wouldn’t bet against him single-handedly tying the game up and taking it to overtime – maybe even triple overtime.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 11/14/14 at 03:44 PM ET

...Well, that’s rather an indelicate way of putting it.

Posted by icehound on 11/14/14 at 03:45 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Both my mom and dad went through the hospice program which allowed them to be as comfortable as they could possibly be at home.

Not sure if Gordie is under hospice care, but it sounds like the same situation to me.

When friends and relatives came to visit my parents, my sister and I told them what to expect.  Hospice says they have .... to live and hospice was just about on target in both cases.

Just knowing Gordie is with family and comfortable is about all you can ask for at this time.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/14/14 at 03:51 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

“this is his final shift of the 3rd period”

Considering there is nothing delicate aboot Gordie Howe, the Hockey player, I rather like the way Murray Howe has delivered his Father’s prognosis.

Gordie Howe is truly the greatest to ever play the Game.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/14/14 at 04:10 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Thanks for everything, Gordie.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 11/14/14 at 04:53 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

I always remember Gordie on the ice, and there was (is) no equal. I was fortunate to stay with my Mother in her home until she passed. Here’s hoping Gordie stays in his house.

Posted by bigfrog on 11/14/14 at 05:02 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

That would be an indelicate way to explain a certain circumstance for a lot of people, but I don’t think Gordie would have taken offense at all. In fact, I think he’d rather have liked it.

Rest easy, Mr. Hockey

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 11/14/14 at 05:51 PM ET

That is a strong, strong man.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 11/14/14 at 06:05 PM ET

Paul's avatar