Video & Report- Sabres Would Like To Move Ryan Miller

The Hockey Central Insiders on Sportsnet, Nick Kypreos, Chris Johnston and John Shannon mentions the Panthers, Sabres and Flames will be sellers this season.

Kypreos brought up the Ryan Miller trade talk and John Shannon discussed the GM Meetings and what is going on with the Coyotes.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Buffalo Sabres, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Vladimir16's avatar

Four words: I hate the cap

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 03/12/13 at 08:13 PM ET

Posted by Vladimir16 on 03/12/13 at 09:13 PM ET

I know, I wish we could afford to get Ville Leino back too…

Posted by Garth on 03/12/13 at 08:31 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Posted by Vladimir16 on 03/12/13 at 09:13 PM ET

I know, I wish we could afford to get Ville Leino back too…

Posted by Garth on 03/12/13 at 09:31 PM ET

Deep cut, man. Deep cut.  wink

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 03/12/13 at 09:18 PM ET

Let me toss this out there, just for fun:

Ryan Miller for Jimmy Howard, Ian White, Justin Abdelkader, and a #1/prospect.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 03/13/13 at 05:09 AM ET

Slumpy's avatar

Bigger nets, LOL. I like it if they added the challenge flag for next season but just shrink the goalie equipment back down to the 1980s size instead if they really wanna to see goal scoring dramically increase and chuck this lame shootout crap in garbage already.

Feel bad for Lindy Ruff. It was that clown regier that should of got fired.

Wonder what it would take in trade for Bouwmeester? Logs tons of icetime, can provide some offensive and is big.

Posted by Slumpy from Detroit on 03/13/13 at 07:08 AM ET

Nathan's avatar

Let me toss this out there, just for fun:

Ryan Miller for Jimmy Howard, Ian White, Justin Abdelkader, and a #1/prospect.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 03/13/13 at 06:09 AM ET

Give up two good NHL roster players and a high pick/well-rated prospect for a guy that’d just put the team in the same position they are in now one year later?

Also, at this stage, what is the difference between Miller and Howard? It is very hard to compare, but I’m not so sure Ryan Miller is much of an upgrade over Jimmy Howard and this stage in their careers.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 03/13/13 at 07:28 AM ET

No, I included Ian White and Justin Abdelkader and I included a #1 pick (which may be in the 20s for all we know) or ‘a prospect’.  Not the best prospect in the system.

Oof.  Well, if that’s your comparison of the goalies, there you go.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 03/13/13 at 10:15 AM ET

shanetx's avatar

Well, if that’s your comparison of the goalies, there you go.

It’s not an unfair comparison.  I’m not as firmly in Howard’s camp as many wings fans, but I can’t help but feel Miller has slipped.  I think there’s a good possibility his best years are behind him.  I think we’ve grown spoiled by the Brodeurs, Haseks and Roys and think goalies just last longer.  They don’t, not always.  It could very easily be that Miller, like Luongo, has already past his prime.  His descent could come as quickly as Vokoun’s has.

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 03/13/13 at 01:07 PM ET