Video- Dustin Byfuglien Suspended Four Games

Patrick Burke with the explanation.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Winnipeg Jets, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: dustin+byfuglien

Comments

Paul's avatar

Byfuglien will forfeit $111,827.96 and will be eligible to return for Winnipeg’s last regular season game against Calgary.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/02/15 at 03:40 PM ET

lol, surprised this dude didn’t get 10

Posted by Pasha1277 on 04/02/15 at 03:49 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

This comes at a tough time for the team.

Honestly, I’m surprised he got as many as he did.

Posted by TreKronor on 04/02/15 at 03:54 PM ET

Slumpy's avatar

Haha, Peg’s fans will love him if they miss the playoffs because of his stupidity.

No news on Miller’s neck? Surprised he didn’t break it.

Three time loser suspensions but long way to go to catch prongers 8 or 9 he racked up.
The NHL ah, how many other professions can you get suspended so many times and still have a job tongue rolleye

Posted by Slumpy from Under My Wheels on 04/02/15 at 04:08 PM ET

Had Miller been injured, that could’ve been Bertuzzi-esque in terms of suspension length. I mean, I kept watching that replay and every time, it got worse. To the point where I had to look away. That’s a vicious play and I would’ve preferred the NHL hit him harder. That’s the kind of play the league has to get out of the game and a four game suspension isn’t enough. If the league wants to send a message, they have to give him like 10 games. Especially at this time of year, a 10 game suspension to one of best players on that team with five games to go makes for a glaring message.

Posted by VitoLambruski on 04/02/15 at 04:19 PM ET

Canucklehead's avatar

Ridiculous.  4 games is a joke.  Should have been 10 games minimum.  That was the dirtiest thing I’ve seen in a long time.

Posted by Canucklehead from Ottawa, Ontario on 04/02/15 at 06:20 PM ET

Alan's avatar

With the inconsistency in suspensions lately, I’m surprised he got this many. Wow.

Might be all she wrote for their playoff push, too.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 04/02/15 at 06:50 PM ET