TSN Insiders Today

Hockey Insiders Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger and Pierre LeBrun have the latest on the NHL's priority to finish the regular season in some format, how the general managers feel about a number of possible playoff scenarios, and the CHL making contingency plans for 2020-21.

Watch at TSN.

Filed in: NHL Talk, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

from Pierre LeBrun of The Athletic,

Before anyone gets too attached to any of the varied scenarios and formats being bandied about in the event the NHL does find a way to resume the 2019-20 season, understand a rather important fact: the NHL would much rather play some regular season games before heading to the playoffs, if time permits.

“We understand that with what will obviously be a lengthy break between games, players are going to want to have an ability to re-acclimatize themselves to NHL competition before having to play games that could end their seasons quickly,” NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told The Athletic via email Thursday.

“I’m sure our managers feel the same way. We get it and we will certainly go to great lengths to accommodate those concerns.”

continued (paid)

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/09/20 at 06:13 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

Hey, Paul, how much of a pain is it to embed video from TSN? Their site never works for me. If it’s a hassle don’t worry about it, tho. Thanks!

Posted by Steeb on 04/09/20 at 07:53 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Before Sportsnet won the major broadcasting deal in Canada, I have not seen an embed code from TSN.  They do on occasional post the video on the YT page.

I imagine you could create a code, but I play fair and only use what is supplied.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/09/20 at 08:23 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

Right on, thanks! FWIW, I’ve tried using a VPN -> Canada and that doesn’t work, either.

Posted by Steeb on 04/09/20 at 08:36 PM ET

Paul's avatar

All the TSN Insiders are not geo blocked.

I am in the US, no VPN and no issues all season.

T

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/09/20 at 08:38 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

Right on, I’ve tried 3 different browsers, and they all fail on various levels. No worries, I’ll live without!

Posted by Steeb on 04/09/20 at 08:51 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Steeb, now posted at YT.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/09/20 at 08:57 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

You’re the best, Paul! Cheers!

Posted by Steeb on 04/09/20 at 09:09 PM ET