The Latest From Vancouver

from Luke Fox of Sportsnet,

We asked Linden about some of the other balls he’s juggling this off-season.

On Ryan Kesler, the 25-goal scorer who reportedly wants a trade out of town: “I have a lot of respect for Ryan, as I do all the players. It was a good, healthy conversation,” Linden said of his exit interview with him. “There’s many decisions that will unfold here in the next several months, and for me it’s important that I strategically assess every decision. They all have significant ripple effects throughout the organization. That’s an important decision, and it will play out as we move along here.”

On his goal to implement his vision for a specific brand of hockey this summer: “You have to be sound fundamentally in all areas. Being a team that makes the proper decisions—when to hold the puck, when to put the puck in areas that make it effective to forecheck. It’s about tailoring your game to the personality you have.”

On the possibility of adding Canucks Ring of Honour inductee Pat Quinn to the Canucks’ front office: “Pat’s someone who’s been a real mentor to me, someone who’s been important to my development as a person and as a player. That’s certainly a possibility.”

On the most eye-opening aspect of the new job: “I was surprised actually how many people I did know in the business: Doug Wilson, Joe Sakic, Steve Yzerman, Cam Neely. Many managers reaching out to me and touching base.”

Filed in: NHL Teams, Vancouver Canucks, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

OK, I’ll start. Should Wings trade for Kesler? I’ve always liked him and I think he would be an upgrade over Weiss. But then again, we have too many centers as it is.
I’m bored with no hockey news.

Posted by George0211 on 04/30/14 at 10:00 AM ET

Primis's avatar

I’m bored with no hockey news.

Posted by George0211 on 04/30/14 at 11:00 AM ET

First and foremost because Kesler has issues with Detroit and Michigan in general.

Posted by Primis on 04/30/14 at 12:22 PM ET

What are you talking about ?  Never have enough centers, I say let’s trade for him, put together a deal around Kesler/ Franzen, we could throw in a young center and give us a draft choice.  Go for it Kenny

Posted by jhpcarrier97 on 04/30/14 at 04:15 PM ET

Posted by Primis on 04/30/14 at 01:22 PM ET

Yup.  That guy has no love for anything and everything Detroit and Michigan.  Fucher couldn’t wait to get outta state.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 04/30/14 at 04:49 PM ET