Open Post- Two Olympic Hockey Games

We have two games today and both start at 12:00pm ET.

Czech Republic against Sweden (USA Network in the US and Sportsnet 1 in Canada) and Latvia vs. Switzerland (MSNBC).

Feel free to comment on the games or anything Olympic Hockey.

Filed in: Non-NHL Hockey, International Hockey, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: sochi+olympics

Comments

Watching Sweden/Czech Rep, and thinking “how nice” when I hear Dave Strader’s voice, but then my ears get assaulted by Douche Canoe and Eddie “Subtle Interference” Olzyck.  I know I should have expected it but it’s still disappointing to know I don’t get 3 weeks off from those clowns.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/12/14 at 01:13 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Thinking how much I like the Karlsson - Ekman-Larrsson pairing

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/12/14 at 01:15 PM ET

Damn you people for being able to watch grin

Posted by George0211 on 02/12/14 at 01:17 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

I’m at work on my lunch hour, viewing on iPad via NBC live app.

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/12/14 at 01:19 PM ET

Alfredson scored 1:0 sweden.

Any predictions for this game?
3:1 Sweden I think

Posted by George0211 on 02/12/14 at 01:21 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

PP with Alfie, Ekman-Larsson, and Karlsson.  Sheesh.

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/12/14 at 01:24 PM ET

Alfredson scored 1:0 sweden.

Any predictions for this game?
3:1 Sweden I think

Posted by George0211 on 02/12/14 at 12:21 PM ET

The Czech goalie does not look good.  6-0 I’m thinking.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/12/14 at 01:25 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

The Czech goalie does not look good.  6-0 I’m thinking.

That and it looks like the Swedes are still finding their rhythm

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/12/14 at 01:29 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

This NBC Live app works better than the NHLs GCL, at least on my tablet.  Its smooth as butter so far.

Posted by Hootinani on 02/12/14 at 01:35 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

wait till you are watching replay content and want to stream it to an AppleTV: the warts come out.  The device will actually time out, so you have to keep it ‘on’.

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/12/14 at 01:41 PM ET

ZZZZZZZZ…..and there’s your goalie change.  3-0 Sweden.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/12/14 at 01:55 PM ET

The Czech goalie does not look good.  6-0 I’m thinking.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/12/14 at 12:25 PM ET

4:0 already, you might be right

Posted by George0211 on 02/12/14 at 02:01 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

I don’t understand how that Jagr goal counts with Plekanec pushing Kronwall into the crease, while Plekanec himself is standing in the crease.

Posted by TreKronor on 02/12/14 at 02:18 PM ET

Confused here as well, Tre.  Given the announcers brief explanation of the differences of that type of play compared to the NHL letting the goal stands is a stumper.  Guess the Olympics borrowed the NHL war room.  We all know how head scratching many of their decisions are.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/12/14 at 02:25 PM ET

shanetx's avatar

Lots of missed chances by swedes and lots of bad calls against.  And they really took foot off gas in third.

Deceptively close.  Shoulda been 6-0

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 02/12/14 at 03:38 PM ET

detroitredwings's avatar

Posted by TreKronor on 02/12/14 at 01:18 PM ET

Because Plekanec is not Homer:)

Posted by detroitredwings on 02/12/14 at 04:20 PM ET