KK- How You Can Help

Note, moved to top of page, original post time was 7:20am on 11/1/12.

Yes, it is that time of year for the KK semi-annual donation drive.

Kukla's Korner is not part of a big corporate site and there are no financial backers either, it is all me.

With the lockout, viewership is down which also means income is down while the cost of running KK remains the same.

I have had to hold back on a few more enhancements to KK and even if the NHL returns in December, I won't see things returning to financial stability until February.

I am not going anywhere and will continue to do what I do, but things are tough right now.

How you can help...

Make a donation of at least $25 and not only will you be helping in a big way, you will also have the majority of ads removed from KK for one year. (You need to be a KK member to activate the ad removal, register here,)

Of course, you can still donate any amount, even $5 will help at this point.

Click here to donate via PayPal, all major credit cards accepted.

You can also use my affiliate link to purchase products through Amazon.com.  I receive a small commission when you buy from Amazon and I must say, people have been very thoughtful, using this Amazon.com link almost on a daily basis.

Thank you in advance and anything you can do right now is very much appreciated.

Filed in: KK Website Business, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Financial times are tight, but without having to pay for Center Ice it frees up what little discretionary spending I have. I hope even every small donation helps.

Posted by hockey1919 from mid-atlantic on 11/01/12 at 01:45 PM ET

Paul's avatar

It does help h1919 as I stated in the thank you email I just sent.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/01/12 at 01:47 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Disregard my e-mail Paul.  Being smarter that a first grader, I sorted out the Login.  Tossed some $$ in the ole jar….hope it helps.  Thanks for all you do!

All Hail The Emperor!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 11/01/12 at 03:22 PM ET

I don’t post very often, but I have been a member for a bit now, and a reader for a while longer than that.  I have to say that Kuklas Korner is the FIRST place I come every day for my NHL news (even when its lockout news that I don’t want to read!). I am happy to support the site, and I hope all the faithful readers are able to help out however they can!

Paul - Keep up the great work!

Posted by pawl91 on 11/02/12 at 01:14 AM ET

Paul's avatar

pawl91 and h1919 plus all the others who have donated. Thanks for what you have done, it is much appreciated.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/02/12 at 08:46 AM ET

Baaaaaaaaaaaaah's avatar

Best hockey site on the internet guys.  Let’s buck up and help with what we can.

Posted by Baaaaaaaaaaaaah from Calgary on 11/04/12 at 12:27 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks Baaaaaaaaaaaaah, and yes, and little bit helps,

This lockout plain sucks!

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/04/12 at 12:58 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

You said it B, I’m sure every little bit could help.  Thanks for keeping this site free Paul and for the stable of bloggers you have here.  I’m sure it’s most people here’s first/one stop shop for hockey news.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 11/05/12 at 12:43 PM ET

Thanks for all the hard work!! Easily my favorite hockey site.

Posted by vansteve on 11/05/12 at 09:19 PM ET

Primis's avatar

I’ve been in exile mostly because of being so furious with the lockout, but for the love of Pete… if you buy stuff on Amazon.com leading up to Christmas, make sure you use the affiliate link when you do.  Set it as your bookmark for Amazon so you don’t even have to think about using it.

If you’re like my household, the bulk of your Christmas shopping happens on Amazon anymore (and with good reason:  it rocks and has better prices, and you don’t have to get trampled to death on Black Friday).

Even if you’re furious about the lockout, support Paul and this site.  You don’t want your independent sources for hockey news to have to be clowns like Hockeyyyyyy Insiddeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp or that Ektard.

Posted by Primis on 11/08/12 at 09:58 AM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Just ordered a new paper shredder from Amazon to help you out Paul.

Posted by Evilpens on 11/08/12 at 11:24 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks Primis and EP.

I know last holiday season many KK supporters used my Amazon affiliate link in a big way and hopefully do the same this year.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/08/12 at 11:26 AM ET

Evilpens's avatar

No Problem Paul, my shredder Just died & saw your post & went to Amazon from here. I am sure it sucks with the economy & the lockout to boot

Posted by Evilpens on 11/08/12 at 11:29 AM ET