I Wonder Who Jack Edwards Was Referring To Yesterday Afternoon?

Filed in: NHL Teams, Boston Bruins, NHL Media, Hockey Broadcasting, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

calquake's avatar

Mr. Kettle I’d like to introduce you to Mr. Pot.

Posted by calquake on 05/04/14 at 10:42 AM ET

Savage Henry's avatar

\

Mr. Kettle I’d like to introduce you to Mr. Pot.

Posted by calquake on 05/04/14 at 11:42 AM ET

+19.  I find Pierre more irritating, but mostly because I’m subjected to him more often.  If I had to listen to the Boston broadcasts frequently, I’d be ready to shove icepicks in my ears.  He’s and Edzo-grade homer with a more irritating voice.

Posted by Savage Henry on 05/04/14 at 02:29 PM ET

Savage Henry's avatar

an Edzo-grade homer.  I can’t type.

Posted by Savage Henry on 05/04/14 at 02:30 PM ET

RockWestfall711's avatar

Say what you want about Pierre, he works his ass off, does his homework, and knows his subject matter.

Posted by RockWestfall711 from Las Vegas on 05/04/14 at 07:14 PM ET

Savage Henry's avatar

I’ll admit Pierre is growing on me.  He just tends to be irritating sometimes, and has been one of the worst offenders when it comes to trying to shove Crosby down everybody’s throat.

Posted by Savage Henry on 05/04/14 at 07:48 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

He does his homework right on the benh letting players watch video to make in game from the bench corrections.  Lol.  Pierre doing his homework means he gossips all the shit his insider buddies tell him.  He’s so incredibly partial in some matchups its ludicrous

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 05/04/14 at 08:04 PM ET

Any idea why he said this?

Posted by thehuds on 05/04/14 at 08:04 PM ET

RockWestfall711's avatar

Pierre can be insufferable, has his insider pals and favs, and I get that, but he also knows his subject matter.  There are far worse.  Engblom incredibly weak by comparison

Posted by RockWestfall711 from Las Vegas on 05/04/14 at 08:27 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

Edzo-grade homer

nominate to add to the A2Y glossary

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 05/04/14 at 08:51 PM ET

topshelf14's avatar

I hate saying this but I listen to Melnick in the afternoon podcast out of Mtl and he interviews Pierre daily. And he’s actually grown on me. His knowledge of the players in the game are incredible.

Posted by topshelf14 from Detroit, MI on 05/04/14 at 10:11 PM ET

Paul's avatar

First off, I think Pierre is an easy target and gets piled-on by many.

He knows the game, does the best that can but at times does go overboard, just like other analysts do.

I believe he is better off when it is him and just the play-by-play guy doing the game.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/05/14 at 10:18 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

I agree with Paul. I don’t hate the guy, I hate the guy on TV. That means the person directing the sports presentation is doing an awful job. In the era of smartphones/iPads/etc, a command of hockey trivia is just not impressive or relevant for nearly anyone who would be watching. That’s 90% of Pierre’s contribution to the NBC broadcast. The other 10% is making a statement into a question and pitching it over to Eddie for his validation, as if that knuckledragger had any credibility.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 05/05/14 at 10:46 AM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

I don’t have very strong feelings either way, but I do think that the cause of spreading hockey’s popularity is somewhat hindered by NBC’s current cast.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 05/05/14 at 12:39 PM ET