I Think You Call This A Stare Down

Filed in: NHL Teams, Toronto Maple Leafs, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: nazem+kadri

Comments

Paul's avatar

from Rob Longley of the Toronto Sun,

“It just seems that everybody who doesn’t know the situation seems to know
what’s best for me,” Kadri said prior to the team’s annual charity golf
event at Rattlesnake Pointe. “Hopefully we can come to an agreement soon.

“I”m just kind of waiting on them so I can get to training camp and get
the whole process going,” Kadri said. “I”m just doing whatever I can to
get ready for camp.”

Leafs management, meanwhile, has made it clear that there are potential
consequences to missing or arriving late at camp.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/03/13 at 01:23 PM ET

Da lil Guy's avatar

Longley says ‘management…has made it clear…’ - but then he goes on to quote Carlyle. Seems to me that there’s a difference between management promising ‘consequences’ to a contract hold out and the coach stating the importance of training camp.

Of course, despite what Carlyle’s saying, Kadri probably looks at Subban’s season last year and says ‘why not me?’.

Posted by Da lil Guy from Guelph, Ontario on 09/03/13 at 02:10 PM ET

I dare say he’s probably more likely looking west a Ryan O’Reilly.  If he goes into the pre-season without a contract there will almost definitely be someone willing to give him an O’Reilly-like deal, and the Leafs will end up matching it because they bought out their only other option for sconf-line centre.

Hell, Buffalo should do it, that way Kadri can sill be close to home and Torono fans who wish their tem’s management wasn’t so awful could still see him play practically at home.

Posted by Garth on 09/03/13 at 06:07 PM ET

Da lil Guy's avatar

I meant he’s looking to Subban as someone who had a great season even after holding out. I totally agree he’s not looking for a similar contract!

Posted by Da lil Guy from Guelph, Ontario on 09/03/13 at 09:31 PM ET

Posted by Da lil Guy from Guelph, Ontario on 09/03/13 at 10:31 PM ET

Ah, my bad, I misunderstood.

Posted by Garth on 09/03/13 at 11:25 PM ET