(Everybody is) picking the Kings to prevail in the Stanley Cup Final

The Kings-Rangers previews are already pouring in, and if you wish to cut to the chase, ESPN's Pierre LeBrun's preview summarizes each and every one of the prognosticators' bottom lines:

Prediction

I would have predicted a five-game win for the Kings had they taken care of business in Game 6 at home against the Blackhawks. Instead, the Kings were taxed to the limit by Chicago, had to fly to Chicago and back, and poured every ounce they had in finishing off the Blackhawks. I feel better about New York making this a series because of it. Still ... West is best. Kings in 7.

Continued

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: los+angeles+kings, new+york+rangers

Comments

phillyd's avatar

I don’t know. The Kings and Blackhawks both looked really tired. My gut tells me the Rangers are just on one of those unexplained runs that ends in a Championship. I say Rangers in 6.

Posted by phillyd from Southern New Jersey on 06/02/14 at 09:05 AM ET

TreKronor's avatar

It doesn’t make sense, but I want to say either Rangers in 6 or Kings in 7.  I don’t know if it’s reasonable to bet against the Kings in a game 7.

I think Quick may wake up a bit and stop a few more goals.  Plus, the Rangers don’t score goals like the Kings do, so I’ve got to think the advantage is to the Kings.  BUT, the Rangers play better defense.

This is a series that could be incredibly interesting, or incredibly boring to watch.  The Kings/Hawks series was a blast to watch, but I don’t think the Cup Final will be all that entertaining.

Posted by TreKronor on 06/02/14 at 09:54 AM ET

Kings in 5.

Posted by Garth on 06/02/14 at 10:09 AM ET

JBytes's avatar

Kings in 5.

“Experts” also picked Pittsburgh in five.  I hope the Kings are as dismissive of the Rangers as the media experts and know-it-all fans.

Posted by JBytes on 06/02/14 at 11:12 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

I’d like to see the Blueshirts take it just to mix up the talk about dynasties. Plus, St Louis get his name on the cup again and Nash to get it for the first time.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 06/02/14 at 11:21 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

An edit function would be cool… I meant to say it would be nice if.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 06/02/14 at 11:22 AM ET

“Experts” also picked Pittsburgh in five.

That would be an excellent point except that LA has better goaltending, defense, forward play and coaching then Pittsburgh.

Posted by godblender on 06/02/14 at 12:04 PM ET

Kings in seven because I’ve watched Quick since his rookie year and he reminds me so much of Mike Vernon.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 06/02/14 at 12:30 PM ET

WingedRider's avatar

George, your RSS feed “The Malik Report” is coming up as Invalid feed on my 3 computers???

Kings are too deep for Rangers but Lundqvist might have something to say about the outcome.

Posted by WingedRider from Saskatoon, SK on 06/02/14 at 02:25 PM ET

Paul's avatar

WR, we are trying to get to the bottom of it, may be some bad coding in one of the posts.

Thanks.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 06/02/14 at 02:31 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

If Quick pulls his head out of his ass and gets back to late Rnd1-Rnd2 form, this is a short series.  The only thing NYR has going for it is Lundquist, although that is a very big mark to put in the plus column.

We’ll see if Kreider continues his habit of running the goalie accidentally on purpose to give the Blueshirts a chance in this one.

Posted by Hootinani on 06/02/14 at 02:55 PM ET