Evening Lines

“I would like to thank Mikhail (Grabovski) for his contributions with the Leafs over the past five seasons. This was not an easy decision to make as Mikhail made numerous contributions to our hockey club. This is a roster move that will give us salary cap flexibility moving forward.”

-Dave Nonis, GM for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

added 7:20pm

Jonas Siegel of TSN has more from Grabovski,

"Of course I feel [expletive] sad," he continued in a lengthy conversation, minutes later, "I played [expletive] five years here. I'm supposed to feel upset about that. I loved it [here]. Toronto fans are one of the best fans in the world."

read on for much more...

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: mikhail+grabovski

Comments

LMAO.  Grabo contradicts Nonis in one glorious tweet.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 07/04/13 at 05:44 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I think this guy just talked himself out of a contract with the Wings.  It’s hard to imagine a guy with that attitude getting along with Uncle Mike either.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 07/04/13 at 06:11 PM ET

I wonder if he ever entertained the notion of signing with the Wings…

Posted by Garth on 07/04/13 at 06:21 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Always liked Grabovski, but I detect a distinct lack of professionalism that probably wouldn’t be welcome in the Wing’s locker room.

On a brighter note, he seems to have mastered the 4-letter section of the English language, so he’s got that going for him.

Posted by Hootinani on 07/04/13 at 06:46 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I think we [expletive] know what [expletive] words he learned in [expletive] English first, don’t we?

Posted by calquake on 07/04/13 at 06:56 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

professionalism in Toronto? Any sane person would be the same.

Send him to Detroit!

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 07/04/13 at 07:19 PM ET

Mistercristo's avatar

Wow.  That bridge was incinerated.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you, bez; if he had any humility and/or discretion, he’d be a superb asset.  I don’t think even a rec by Pavel could help.

Posted by Mistercristo from Cameron Frye's garage, circa 1987 on 07/05/13 at 05:39 AM ET