Datsyuk Back Thursday

Babcock on Hockey Central at Noon says he's been told Datsyuk will play Thursday.

added 1:01pm,

Filed in: NHL Teams, Detroit Red Wings, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: pavel+datsyuk

Comments

Paul's avatar

Babcock was talking Team Canada, discussing who plays on the PP and then said he plans to play 4 forwards for the Wings when facing the Panthers.

He was then asked, Datysuk playing and Babcock replied, that is what he has been told.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 02/04/14 at 01:38 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Just in time to get his Olympic training camp in, good for him.

Posted by Hootinani on 02/04/14 at 01:40 PM ET

Ahh good PR move there.

Posted by brians neck on 02/04/14 at 01:57 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

it must be exhausting to be this cynical about one’s supposed favorite team.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 02/04/14 at 02:06 PM ET

Mandingo's avatar

Here’s hoping he’s really ready.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 02/04/14 at 02:15 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Sigh. So the talk today is the Wings best cut Pavel Datysuk if he plays in Sochi because he’ll pull a Kovalchuk?

I just don’t understand the commentators here anymore.

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 02/04/14 at 02:21 PM ET

SK77's avatar

I just don’t understand the commentators here anymore.

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 02/04/14 at 01:21 PM ET

And before that the talk was Hank is better than Pavel because Hank puts the team first and plays through injury, while Pavel milks it and sits on the sideline. Or some crap like that. It’s downright treasonous.

Posted by SK77 on 02/04/14 at 02:29 PM ET

Chris in Hockey Hell's avatar

Where are all these comments being made? I just want to know so I don’t go there.

Posted by Chris in Hockey Hell from Ann Arbor, MI but LIVING in Columbia, TN on 02/04/14 at 02:34 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Actually, it was me, and I regret it because it came off sounding like I did’t like Pav or his attitude, when really I was only trying to praise Hank.  As you can tell by my avatar, though, that I’m obviously a secret Datsyuk hater.

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/04/14 at 02:41 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

I’ve said multiple times that Hank seems to lift the team more than Pav and seems to be a better leader on and off the ice. That’s not exactly a crazy statement.

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 02/04/14 at 02:44 PM ET

SK77's avatar

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/04/14 at 01:41 PM ET

Ahh, gotcha. I’ve got total respect and nothing but praise for both of them. And while I think Hank deserves praise for playing through injury right now, just because Pavel is also injured doesn’t mean they’re comparable.

If Pavel had the back injury that Hank has, and Hank had the knee(?) injury Pavel does, roles would likely be completely reversed in this situation with Pavel out there playing for the Wings and Hank trying to get back in to represent Sweden.

Posted by SK77 on 02/04/14 at 02:46 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

it must be exhausting to be this cynical about one’s supposed favorite team.
Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 02/04/14 at 01:06 PM ET

about as exhausting as being judgemental of people who dont share your opinion.

Posted by Hootinani on 02/04/14 at 03:07 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

about as exhausting as being judgemental of people who dont share your opinion.

Not really. People who don’t share my opinion have way fewer fans than the Red Wings and they’re much easier to ignore.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 02/04/14 at 03:26 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Pavel skating Thursday, that’s good news, right?

It will be good for both Pavel and the Wings!

I am sure he is ready to get back on the ice, and I hope he’s healthy enough, with Olympics soon after.

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/04/14 at 04:16 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

That’ very good news..We love to have ya back Pav.!! LOL

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 02/04/14 at 04:51 PM ET

The real question is: who gets hurt between now and then to clear the roster spot?

Posted by HockeyinHD on 02/04/14 at 05:21 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

It will be great to Pasha back on the ice. Definitely need him in the lineup to secure a playoff spot. Here’s hoping he is at 100%.

Posted by bigfrog on 02/04/14 at 05:46 PM ET

I hope Pavel is really OK to play. I think politically he has no choice but to captain Team Russia. HIs country’s president doesn’t take kindly to people not doing what he wants them to do. So I don’t blame him at all for wanting to play in the Olympics. I just hope he won’t hurt himself further and wish him all the best.

Posted by griffinsfan on 02/04/14 at 08:42 PM ET

squirrely's avatar

All the Pav bashers need to shut up already.  The guy is probably not ready, but he’s going to play anyway so he doesn’t hear whispers that he’s a Kommie bastard who hates ‘Merica.  I would probably rest up as much as possible if my knee was blown out and I was going to be the captain of the host Olympic team.  Stevey Y did it, so why can Pav?

Posted by squirrely from Dirty Jersey on 02/04/14 at 09:19 PM ET