Birthday wishes to ‘the Legendary Kukla’s Korner’ from Hockey Night in Canada

The chairman of the board here at Kukla's Korner received a birthday shout-out from Hockey Night in Canada's Ron MacLean:

"The Legendary Kukla's Korner" is more than anything the product of the Legendary Paul Kukla, the Nicklas Lidstrom of blogging, and I've been told that he may have actually enjoyed his birthday.

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

gowings's avatar

And a happy late birthday! Too bad we did not win to celebrate!

Posted by gowings from MTL on 04/05/14 at 10:59 PM ET

NHLJeff's avatar

That is a great and much deserved shout out!

Posted by NHLJeff from Pens fan in Chicago, IL on 04/06/14 at 12:08 AM ET

hiero4life's avatar

Happy Birthday Paul!

Posted by hiero4life from anywhere i am on 04/06/14 at 01:13 AM ET

Alan's avatar

Real classy of the HNIC guys to wish Paul a happy birthday!

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 04/06/14 at 04:00 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Watching HNIC and hearing birthday wishes was a great way to end the day.

Very nice of Ron MacLean and HNIC.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/06/14 at 08:28 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Damn, Paul, you’re big-time now!

I had a feeling those in-the-know frequented this site.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/06/14 at 08:54 AM ET

Paul's avatar

RWinger, funny story.. I met Ron MacLean and his wife at the SCF back in 2008 and his wife said, oh, so you are the guy Ron wakes up to every morning.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/06/14 at 08:57 AM ET

What!!?? No HNIC towel??!!?? YOU WERE ROBBED PAUL!!! ROBBED!!!!

Cheers man! Thanks for doing what you do so tirelessly!

Posted by BC two hander on 04/06/14 at 09:12 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/06/14 at 08:57 AM ET

That’s great!

I know nothing about running a site like this, but I’ve no doubt it is very time-consuming, certainly not a 9-5 job. But I bet when you hear things like that it makes it all worth it.

You must be doing something right…keep it up!

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/06/14 at 10:04 AM ET

Iggy_Rules's avatar

Happy birthday, Mr. K.  Thanks for keeping this site going, I like visiting on a daily basis.

Posted by Iggy_Rules from Calgary, Canada on 04/06/14 at 10:20 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Belated Happy Birthday Paul… 29 again?

Posted by calquake on 04/06/14 at 02:25 PM ET

Paul's avatar

CQ, I would settle for 49.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/06/14 at 02:27 PM ET

calquake's avatar

CQ, I would settle for 49.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/06/14 at 02:27 PM ET

You and me both brother.  I am on the downside of the hill of life only to find there’s no brakes… yikes! wink

Posted by calquake on 04/06/14 at 02:59 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Watching HNIC and hearing birthday wishes was a great way to end the day.

Very nice of Ron MacLean and HNIC.

HNIC is always a class act.

Posted by bigfrog on 04/06/14 at 08:08 PM ET

harken23's avatar

Coolest thing ever.

Posted by harken23 on 04/07/14 at 01:19 AM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Well deserved recognition, happy birthday Paul!  Thanks for the most well-curated source of hockey news available.

It’s fun to know Mr. MacLean and I share the same morning ritual.  ...does this mean he is really secretly a Wings fan?  wink

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 04/08/14 at 02:20 PM ET

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/06/14 at 08:57 AM ET

I bow to that story, Boss.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/08/14 at 03:02 PM ET